The global commercial aircraft landing gear market size reached US$ 8.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 13.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.29% during 2023-2028.
Commercial aircraft landing gears are a set of devices that are responsible for providing suspension and support to the aircraft during landing, taxiing and take-off. Primarily comprising of a brake system, shock absorbers, wheels, turning system, and undercarriage retractile system, these gears also facilitate braking and direction control via an integrated aircraft support system. Therefore, these gears significantly minimize the impact loads that are transmitted to the airframe. In addition to this, as they are lightweight, they offer improved airplane mobility and require low energy consumption. Typically powered by hydraulic or pneumatic systems, the most commonly used materials in the manufacturing of aircraft landing gears include corrosion-resistant and ultra-high strength alloy steel, titanium alloys, high-strength aluminum alloys and composites.
Commercial Aircraft Landing Gear Market Trends:
- The market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for lightweight aircraft suspension systems. This can be attributed to the growing production of modern-generation commercial aircraft and an enhanced focus on sustainable development. In line with this, the rising demand for low cost and ultra-low-cost carriers, along with fleet expansion for commercial aircraft, is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. The market is further driven by the routine landing gear maintenance and replacements due to the increasing flight hours of an aircraft and the augmenting passenger air traffic. In addition to this, numerous partnerships and collaborations by the major market players to facilitate service in geographically extended locations are providing an impetus to the market growth. Some of the other factors that are positively impacting the market include continual technological advancements, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the emergence of new airline services, and the growing demand for military unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and aircraft.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global commercial aircraft landing gear market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on aircraft type, landing gear types and arrangement type.
Breakup by Aircraft Type:
- Regional Jet
Breakup by Landing Gear Types:
- Main Landing Gear
- Nose Landing Gear
Breakup by Arrangement Type:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AAR Corp., Circor Aerospace Inc. (Circor International Inc.), Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Heroux-Devtek Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Liebherr Group, Magellan Aerospace Corporation, Mecaer Aviation Group, Revima Group, Safran S.A., Sumitomo Precision Products Co. Ltd. and Triumph Group Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global commercial aircraft landing gear market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global commercial aircraft landing gear market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the aircraft type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the landing gear types?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the arrangement type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global commercial aircraft landing gear market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?