The global clinical nutrition market size reached US$ 47.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 78.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.35% during 2023-2028.
Clinical nutrition refers to a specialized field of nutrition science that focuses on disease management by adopting medical nutrition therapies. It also includes the diagnosis and prevention of nutritional and metabolic conditions associated with chronic disorders that occur due to the lack of essential nutrients. Some of the commonly available types of clinical nutrition include infant nutrition, enteral nutrition, and parenteral nutrition. Clinical nutrition offers numerous benefits in reducing the consequences of malnutrition, enhancing the response to disease treatment, boosting immunity levels, enhancing ingestion abilities, etc.
Clinical Nutrition Market Trends:
- The rising prevalence of metabolic disorders that increase the risk of obesity, high blood pressure, abnormal cholesterol levels, etc., is primarily driving the global clinical nutrition market. Moreover, the expanding geriatric population, who are more prone to chronic gastrointestinal ailments, is also propelling the demand for clinical nutrition in the home healthcare model. Besides this, elevating number of preterm births coupled with the inflating need for clinical nutrition in the pediatric medicine segment is further augmenting the market growth. Additionally, continuous upgradation of healthcare infrastructures and the introduction of government awareness programs regarding the easy accessibility to clinical nutrition procedures for disease management are acting as significant growth-inducing factors. Apart from this, in the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for immunity-boosting alternatives, including clinical nutrition, has significantly increased to prevent the risk of coronavirus infection. The infection results in severe lack of appetite, anosmia dysgeusia, diarrhea, etc., which can lead to disease-related malnutrition. Clinical nutrition aid in treating acute malnutrition and protein deficiency along with improving immune defenses in COVID-19 patients. Moreover, significant innovations in clinical nutrition solutions, including lipid emulsions optimization, and the introduction of oral clinical nutrition formula in liquid form, are expected to drive the global clinical nutrition market over the forecasted period.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global clinical nutrition market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, route of administration, application and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Infant Nutrition
- Parental Nutrition
- Enteral Nutrition
Breakup by Route of Administration:
Breakup by Application:
- Metabolic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BASF SE, Baxter International Inc., Danone S.A., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Grifols S.A., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd., Nestle S.A., Perrigo Company plc and Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global clinical nutrition market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global clinical nutrition market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global clinical nutrition market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?