The India household cleaners market size reached US$ 7,537 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 21,950 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 18.9% during 2023-2028.
Household cleaners refer to a diverse range of cleaning products that help in removing dirt, germs, and other contaminants from different surfaces across homes. They can be widely categorized into laundry cleaners, dishwashing liquids, surface cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, window cleaners, glass cleaners, etc. Furthermore, based on ingredients, household cleaners are also bifurcated into builders, solvents, surfactants, antimicrobials, etc. These products are highly effective against dust, clay, grease, soap scum, oil, hard water marks, limescale, microbial growth, etc. Household cleaners are commonly available in triggered sprays, aerosol cans, pouches, in-pump actuated bottles, etc.
India Household Cleaners Market Trends:
- The growing consumer awareness towards household cleanliness and hygiene is one of the primary factors driving the market for household cleaners in India. In line with this, the elevating levels of urbanization, coupled with the improving consumer living standards, are further augmenting the product demand. Moreover, the wide product availability and the expansion of organized retail stores, especially across tier 2 and tier 3 cities, are also proliferating the sales of household cleaners in the country. Additionally, the launch of numerous awareness programs by the Indian government for promoting the need for proper hygiene and cleanliness across the residential and commercial spaces is acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, growing consumer inclination towards specialized cleaners that can be used on glass, mirrored surfaces, stainless steel, wood, etc., is positively influencing the regional market. Furthermore, with the increasing consumer concerns towards the negative impact of chemical cleaners, several product manufacturers are focusing on the development of natural ingredients-based variants. The introduction of safer and clean-label products, including vegetable oils, alcohol, baking soda, oxygen bleach, corn starch, washing soda, citrus solvents, etc., will continue to drive the India household cleaners market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India household cleaners market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, ingredient, distribution channel, income group, application and premiumization.
Breakup by Product:
- Surface Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Window Cleaner
- Glass Cleaner
Breakup by Ingredient:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Convenience Stores
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
Breakup by Income Group:
- Middle (INR 2.5 lacs- INR 27.5 lacs)
- Low (Less than INR 2.5 Lacs)
- High (Greater than INR 27.5 lacs)
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Premiumization:
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Hindustan Unilever Limited (Unilever), Rohit Surfactants Private Limited, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Limited (Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC), Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare Ltd. (Procter & Gamble), Jyothy Labs Limited, Nirma Limited, Fena (P) Limited, Dabur India Limited, S. C. Johnson Products Pvt. Ltd. (SC Johnson & Son Investment Ltd.) and Pitambari Products Private Limited.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the India household cleaners market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the India household cleaners market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India household cleaners market?
- 4. What are the key factors driving the India household cleaners market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the product?
- 6. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the ingredient?
- 7. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the distribution channel?
- 8. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the income group?
- 9. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the application?
- 10. What is the breakup of the India household cleaners market based on the premiumization?
- 11. What are the key regions in the India household cleaners market?
- 12. Who are the key players/companies in the India household cleaners market?