The global jet lag therapy market size reached US$ 407.7 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 521.3 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.40% during 2023-2028. The increasing air travel activities, the rising awareness about jet lag, and the growing adoption of wearable devices represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Jet lag is a temporary sleep disorder that occurs after traveling in different time zones. It is associated with fatigue, insomnia, difficulty adjusting to the local time, confusion, headache, and digestive problems, such as constipation or diarrhea. It can be treated using medications and light and melatonin therapies. These therapies help in reducing the symptoms of jet lag, improving sleep quality, increasing productivity, boosting mood, and minimizing the risk of jet lag-related accidents. Jet lag therapy also helps the internal clock of the body adjust more quickly to the new time zone and allows individuals to return to their regular routine more quickly. At present, various companies are developing personalized jet lag therapy plans that use data like travel history to meet the requirements of an individual.
Jet Lag Therapy Market Trends:
- The increasing air travel activities by individuals for business, leisure, and other purposes on account of rapid urbanization and inflating income levels represent one of the major factors driving the demand for jet lag therapy around the world. Moreover, the rising aging population, which is more prone to jet lag, is favoring the market growth. Besides this, the increasing awareness about jet lag, its symptoms, and the easy availability of the treatments like jet lag therapy is bolstering the growth of the market. In addition, the easy availability of various non-pharmacological therapies for alleviating the symptoms associated with jet lag, such as acupuncture, yoga, and massage, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the growing adoption of wearable devices, including smartwatches and fitness trackers, to track sleep patterns and monitor the internal clock of the body is influencing the market positively. Furthermore, there is a rise in the integration of virtual reality (VR) and artificial intelligence (AI) to mimic exposure to natural light, analyze data from wearable devices, and provide real time recommendations and adjustments. This, coupled with the advent of mobile applications that help provide information and support jet lag therapy by offering data about light exposure and sleep hygiene, is propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, extensive research and development (R&D) activities for introducing novel therapies and medications are anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global jet lag therapy market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application, distribution channel, and end user.
- Prescription Drugs
- Herbal and Natural Products
- Medical Devices
- Light Box
- Wearable Devices
- The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the jet lag therapy market based on the product. This includes prescription drugs (provigil/nuvigil, ambien, lunesta, sonata, and others), melatonin, herbal and natural products, medical devices (light box and wearable devices), and others. According to the report, melatonin represented the largest segment.
- Business Travelers
- Cabin Crew
- Seasonal Travelers
- A detailed breakup and analysis of the jet lag therapy market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes business travelers, cabin crew, athletes, seasonal travelers, and others. According to the report, buisiness travelers accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Over the Counter
- The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the jet lag therapy market based on the distribution channel. This includes over the counter and online. According to the report, over the counter represented the largest segment.
- End Users Insights
- Speciality Clinics
- A detailed breakup and analysis of the jet lag therapy market based on the end users has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics, and others. According to the report, speciality clinics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for jet lag therapy. Some of the factors driving the North America jet lag therapy market included the increasing air travelers, rising healthcare industry, and growing awareness about jet lag and its therapy among individuals.
- The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global tea market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered Chrono Eyewear B.V., Clinigen Limited, Jamieson Wellness Inc., Lucimed SA, Lumie, Nature Bright, Nature's Bounty Inc. (Nestle S.A.), Northern Light Technologies, Re-Timer Pty Ltd., Verilux Inc. etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global jet lag therapy market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global jet lag therapy market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global jet lag therapy market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive jet lag therapy markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the jet lag therapy market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the jet lag therapy market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the jet lag therapy market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the jet lag therapy market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global jet lag therapy market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global jet lag therapy market?