Laboratory glassware and plasticware are used for scientific research purposes and include instruments such as beakers, burettes, funnels, condensers, pipettes, bottles, etc. Laboratory glassware is made of borosilicate glass, while plasticware refers to a set of equipment made from different types of plastic materials. Plasticware is flexible and easier to handle, whereas, glassware is best suited for conducting vigorous reactions and heating chemicals despite its brittle nature. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Laboratory Glassware and Plasticware Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market reached a value of US$ 5.6 Billion in 2018.
The increasing applications of glassware and plasticware for clinical use in hospitals and forensic laboratories, and for research in the field of pharmaceutical and drug discovery, veterinary science and agriculture are anticipated to be the major driver for the market growth. In addition, the growing prevalence of chronic diseases have led to the development of new drugs, in turn, spurring the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market. Moreover, a surge in biology and biotechnology research, including vaccine development, disease research and stem cell research is anticipated to propel the laboratory glassware and plasticware market across the globe. Owing to these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 6.9 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as laboratory glassware and laboratory plasticware. Currently, laboratory glassware represents the most popular product type, accounting for the majority of the global market. The laboratory glassware market has been further segregated as test tubes, glass beakers, glass flasks, pipettes and burettes, wherein test tubes account for the majority of the market share. On the other hand, the laboratory plasticware has been divided into storage boxes, plastic flasks, plastic beakers, measuring cylinders and funnels. Amongst these, storage boxes represent the most popular product type.
- On the basis of end-user segments, research and academic institutes account for the largest share. Other major segments include hospitals and diagnostic centers, biotechnology industry and pharmaceutical, contract research organizations, and food and beverage industry.
- The report has segmented the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market on the basis of region into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- the Competitive Landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Corning Inc., Duran Group, Gerresheimer AG, Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Mettler Toledo International, Inc., Eppendorf AG, Bellco Glass, Inc., Crystalgen Inc. and Technosklo Ltd.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the laboratory glassware and plasticware industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market?
- What are the key end-user segments in the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global laboratory glassware and plasticware industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global laboratory glassware and plasticware industry?
- What is the structure of the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global laboratory glassware and plasticware market?
- How is laboratory glassware and plasticware manufactured?