The global high density polyethylene (HDPE) market reached a value of US$ 65.4 Billion in 2018. The market value is further projected to reach US$ 81.8 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.8% during 2019-2024. High density polyethylene, or HDPE, is a strong, moderately stiff plastic which has a highly crystalline structure. It is strong, relatively inexpensive and possess excellent process ability. HDPE plastic has several characteristics that make it an ideal material for packaging and manufacturing applications. It is tougher than standard polyethylene, acts as a powerful barrier against moisture and remains solid at room temperature. It is resistance to insects, rot and other chemicals. HDPE also does not create any harmful emissions during its manufacturing or during its use by the consumer. Furthermore, HDPE leaks no harmful chemicals into the soil or water.
HDPE finds use in numerous applications and Industries where strong impact resistance, excellent tensile strength, low moisture absorption, and chemical and corrosion resistance characteristics are required. On account of these properties it is popularly used for manufacturing sanitary pipes as it has a tough chemical structure and is conveniently malleable. It has also gained popularity across the packaging industry as it is increasingly being used for the production of various products like bottle caps, food storage containers, bags, etc. Moreover, high density polyethylene has also been certified as a food grade polymer as a result of which it also finds applications in the food industry.
- Based on the feedstock, the market has been segmented as naphtha, natural gas and others.
- On the basis of application, blow molding represent the largest segment followed by film and sheet, injection molding, pipe and extrusion, and others.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market has been segmented as gas phase process, slurry process and solution process.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the largest market, accounting for the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Dynalab Corp., The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA, INEOS Olefins and Polymers Europe, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), SINOPEC Beijing Yanshan Company, PetroChina Company Ltd., Braskem, Reliance Industries Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corporation, Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd., Prime Polymer Co. Ltd. and Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global high density polyethylene market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the high density polyethylene market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global high density polyethylene market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global high density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major manufacturing processes in the global high density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major feedstocks in the global high density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major application segments in the global high density polyethylene industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global high density polyethylene market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global high density polyethylene market?
- What is the structure of the global high density polyethylene market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global high density polyethylene market?
- How is high density polyethylene manufactured?