The global pulses market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Pulses are considered as a superfood owing to the presence of high levels of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and complex carbohydrates. Apart from the nutritional benefits, pulses also assist in improving digestion, reducing blood glucose, minimizing inflammation, lowering blood cholesterol, and preventing chronic health issues such as diabetes, heart diseases and obesity. However, their consumption differs from region to region depending on the dietary patterns, availability and prevailing conditions. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global pulses market to reach a volume of 148.5 Million Tons by 2026, exhibiting moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Global Pulses Market Drivers:
- Pulses can be processed into different forms such as whole pulses, split pulses, pulse flours and pulse fractions like protein, starch and fiber. The flour and fractions find diverse applications in industries like meat and snack food, bakery and beverages, and batter and breading.
- Pulses are now increasingly being used in the processing of ready-to-eat (RTE) food products. As a result of rapid urbanization, changing lifestyle and hectic work schedules, healthy snack foods are becoming popular amongst the working population.
- As the global population is rapidly increasing, the gap between the demand and supply of pulses is widening. In order to minimize this difference, the governments of pulses-producing countries are providing assistance to the farmers, in turn, strengthening the growth of the market.
- As pulses are associated with various health benefits, the health-conscious consumers are increasingly incorporating dishes made from pulses into their everyday diets, in turn, propelling the growth of the global pulses market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global pulses market report, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country-level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type, and end-use.
Breakup by Type:
- On the basis of type, the global pulses market has been segmented into chickpeas, kaspa peas, lentils, pigeon peas, fava beans, black gram, mung beans and others. Presently, chickpeas account for the majority of the market share as they offer health benefits such as increased supply of antioxidants, improved blood regulation and decreased cardiovascular risks.
Breakup by End-Use:
- Based on end-use, the market has been segregated into home use, snack food industry and flour industry. The report finds that the home use currently accounts for the majority of the total global pulses consumption. This can be accredited to the rising population, improving living standards and the increasing trend of health consiousness among the consumers.
- On a geographical front, India represents the leading producer of pulses, holding around one-fourth of the total global market. Several programs have been launched by the Government of India in order to increase the awareness regarding modern crop production technologies and provide financial assistance to farmers. India is followed by Canada, Myanmar, China and Brazil.
- The competitive landscape of the global pulses market has also been examined with detailed profiles of the key players.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global pulses market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a pulses processing plant. The study analyses the processing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the pulses industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What is the market size for the global pulses market?
- 2. What is the global pulses market growth?
- 3. What are the global pulses market drivers?
- 4. What are the key industry trends in the global pulses market?
- 5. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global pulses market?
- 6. What is the global pulses market breakup by type?
- 7. What is the global pulses market breakup by end-use?
- 8. What are the major regions in the global pulses market?