The global wheat flour market reached a value of US$ 160 Billion in 2020. Wheat flour currently represents one of the most popular food ingredients used across the globe. It offers health benefits such as lowering cholesterol levels, improving metabolism, controlling obesity and regulating blood sugar levels. Wheat flour is used extensively owing to the presence of gluten, a protein that provides strength and elasticity to the dough as well as adds to the texture of baked products. Factors such as population growth, increasing disposable incomes, rising consumption of bakery products and changing lifestyles have further added to the global demand for wheat flour.
- Wheat flour is used as the main ingredient in several bakery and fast food products such as bread, noodles, pasta and breakfast cereals. Growth in the demand for these products has led to an escalation in the overall sales of wheat flour across the globe. Moreover, wheat flour is inexpensive as compared to the flour made from other grains on account of which it is easily available to consumers belonging to all socio-economic groups. Manufacturers have also introduced vitamin-A fortified wheat flour to cater to the nutritional needs of the population. Apart from this, wheat flour is now also being used for producing bioplastics, adhesives, paper, shampoos and conditioners, and other products. Owing to these factors, IMARC Group estimates that the global wheat flour market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global wheat flour market report, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country-level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type, end-use, and distribution channel.
Breakup by Type:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Semolina Flour
- Whole-Wheat Flour
- Fine Wheat Flour
- Bread Flour
- The wheat flour industry has been segmented on the basis of product types which mainly include all-purpose, semolina, whole-wheat, fine wheat and bread. Amongst these, all-purpose and whole-wheat are the most popular flour products.
Breakup by End-Use:
- Food Use
- Feed Use
- Based on end-users, the market has been segregated into food use, feed use and bio-fuel use. Currently, wheat flour is majorly used in the food industry for preparing a wide variety of products.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Independent Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- The market has been categorized on the basis of distribution channels into supermarkets and hypermarkets, independent retailers, convenience stores, specialty stores and online. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets are the most common channels used for obtaining wheat flour as they offer a varied range of brands and products.
- European Union
- United States
- Rest of the World
- On the geographical front, China represents the largest wheat flour market, holding the majority of the market share. This can be attributed to the large population in the country which has led to a rise in the overall consumption of wheat flour. China is followed by India, the European Union, Turkey and the United States.
The wheat flour market is fragmented with a number of small and large manufacturers operating in both organized and unorganized sectors. Some of the key players operating in the market are:
- Wudeli Flour Mill Group
- Ardent Mills LLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- General Mills
- Allied Pinnacle Pty Limited
- Manildra Milling Pvt Ltd
- Acarsan Flour
- Korfez Flour Mills
- George Weston Foods Limited
- Hodgson Mill, Inc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- 1. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global wheat flour market?
- 2. What was the global wheat flour market size in 2020?
- 3. What will be the global wheat flour market outlook during the forecast period (2021-2026)?
- 4. What are the major global wheat flour market drivers?
- 5. What are the major trends in the global wheat flour market?
- 6. What is the global wheat flour market breakup by type?
- 7. What is the global wheat flour market breakup by end use?
- 8. What is the global wheat flour market breakup by distribution channel?
- 9. What are the major regional markets in the global wheat flour industry?
- 10. Who are the leading players in the global wheat flour industry?