Our new “OTT Business Messaging” market research provides indispensable analysis into how CPaaS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service), and CSPs (Communications Service Providers) can leverage OTT (Over the Top) messaging channels to expand their business messaging offerings, and revenue. Strategic recommendations are provided for the innovation, and monetisation of key OTT business messaging services including, LLM (Large Language Model) chatbots, super apps, customer data platforms, and CRMs (Customer Relationship Managers). Further analysis, and recommendations are provided for developments in the OTT business market, including the introduction of the EU's (European Union) Digital Markets Act, which has forced the development of interoperability between messenger apps, and the introduction of WhatsApp's new pricing structure for its OTT business messaging services.
The new research also includes Juniper Research's Country Readiness Index, which provides a detailed assessment of the current, and future OTT business messaging market for each of the 60 countries, included in the report's forecast data. Using a rigorous methodology, the Country Readiness Index leverages bespoke 5-year forecasts, and our analysts' expertise to provide scoring for each country.
This report is accompanied by 5-year forecasts for the market, including:
- Content Payment
The research suite includes:
- Market Trends & Strategies (PDF)
- Competitor Leaderboard (PDF)
- Data & Forecasting (PDF)
- 5-year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 12 Months' Access to our harvest Online Data Platform
Key Market Statistics
|Market size in 2023:||$218.5m
|Market size in 2028:||$836.8m
|2023 to 2028 CAGR Growth:||31%
- Trend Analysis & Future Opportunities: An assessment of key and emerging monetisation opportunities for CPaaS providers, and CSPs in the OTT business messaging market, including:
- Analysis of different OTT Messaging Channels, including LINE, Messenger, Telegram, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Viber
- Analysis of the Advertising, Banking, Healthcare, Content Payment, Retail, And Ticketing Market Verticals
- WhatsApp's New Pricing Model
- Superapp Monetisation
- Customer Data Platform Integration
- LLM Chatbot Innovation
- Global OTT Business Messaging Country Readiness Index: A technology impact assessment for OTT business messaging technologies, and solutions, across 60 countries. Each of these countries has been scored by Juniper Research in its Country Readiness Index, which assesses the present status of each country's OTT business messaging market, and its future prospects. Further detailed assessment is provided for the following countries:
- South Korea
- Juniper Research Competitor Leaderboard: Key player capability and capacity assessment for 20 OTT business messaging vendors; positioning them as either an established leader, leading challenger, or disruptor and challenger. Our Competitor Leaderboard scores these companies on their size of operations in the OTT business messaging space, their extent and breadth of market partnerships, the sophistication of their platforms and Juniper Research's view on each company's innovation and future business prospects. The companies included in Juniper Research's OTT business messaging Competitor Leaderboard are:
- GMS Worldwide
- LINK Mobility
- Monty Mobile
- Route Mobile
- Tata Communications
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: 5-year forecasts are provided for the total number of OTT messaging users, the total number of OTT messages sent, the total revenue from OTT business messaging, and total operator revenue loss from OTT business messaging. Metrics are split by our 8 key forecast regions and the 60 countries listed below:
- Latin America:
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay
- West Europe:
- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
- Central & East Europe:
- Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine
- Far East & China:
- China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea
- Indian Subcontinent:
- Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan
- Rest of Asia Pacific:
- Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Africa & Middle East:
- Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Kenya, Kuwait, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- 1. Who are the leading vendors in the OTT business messaging market in 2023?
- 2. What key opportunities are there for OTT business messaging vendors over the next 5 years?
- 3. How will the EU's Digital Markets Act impact the OTT business messaging market?
- 4. What will the value of the global OTT business messaging market be in 2028?
- 5. How can OTT business messaging vendors best monetise super apps?
- 6. Why is Far East & China the largest OTT business messaging market in the world?
- Interviewed: Gupshup, Syniverse.
- Included in Juniper Research Competitor Leaderboard: Clickatell, CM.com, Comviva, GMS Worldwide, Gupshup, Infobip, Kaleyra, LINK Mobility, MessageBird, Mitto, Monty Mobile, Route Mobile, Sinch, Syniverse, Tata Communications, Twilio.
- Mentioned: 2bebot, A Voté , Accura Scan, ACL Mobile, Actito, Adax, Adobe, Adwise, AFS (Arab Financial Services), Airbnb, Airtel, Airtouch New Media, Alfa Orascom Telcom, Alfa-Bank Kazakhstan, Alibaba, Alisys, Allied Bank, Altiria, Amazon Web Services, American Express, AMM SpA, Amphia Hospital, Anam, Apple, Apptivo, Ares Management, Asia Insurance 1950, ATGen, Athonet, Audi, Avangrid, Axiata , BAB International Corporation, Bahrain Financing Company, Bancontact, Bandyer, Bank of Maharashtra, Batelco, BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), BBVA, Bessemer Venture Partners, Best Western, Bharti Airtel, BlaBlaCar, Blackopal, BlackRock, Bloomberg, Blueorange Group SRL, BMW, BNP Paribas, Boku Mobile Identity, Bolt, Bon Prix, Booking.com, Bosch Group, BotsNext, British Gas, Building Blocks, Bukalapak, Cambridge Hospitals NHS Trust, Cancer Research UK, Cape Epic, Capitec, CarDekho, Central Bank of Nigeria, Chatfuel, China Mobile, Chorally Srl, Cisco, Citrus, CleverTap,, Cloud Integrate, Coca-Cola, Cognigy, Collab, Comium, Commio, Comsys, Conceptboard, Crédit Agricole, DAG Ventures, Dahmakan, Daraz, Decathlon, Deliveroo, Dell, Deloitte, Destined, Deutsche Post, DHL, Dialogic, Die Post, Digitel, DinarPAY, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, DNB, Domino's, DoorDash, Draper Fisher Jurveston, e& enterprise, EaseMyTrip.com, eBay, EchoRoaster, Eclat Media Group, Econet Wireless, Electric Imp, Emarsys, Emirates, Emirates College of Technology, Ericsson, Estée Lauder, Etam, Etisalat, Everbridge, Eversource, Experian, Expresso, Federated Wireless, Fidelity Management, Fitbit, FKP Scorpio, Flipkart, FlySafair, Forever, Founder Collective, French Government, Frensworkz, Fujitsu, Gamigo, Genesys, GEVA Group, GitHub, Glassdoor, Globeair, Glovo, Go Biz IT, GoDaddy, Google, Grameenphone, GrandPad, GTBank, Harbor Spring Capital, HDFC Bank, Healthcare at Home, helloguide, HF Group, HP, HubSpot, Hulu, HUNT, Hutch, Hutchison Telecom, Hyundai, IBM, ICICI Bank, Idea Cellular, iDEAL, IKEA, IMDb, Imowi, Imperial Logistics, Indeed, Inditex, Indosat, Infosys, Inteliquent, IOCL, ISS, Jawwal, Jazz, Johnson & Johnson, JT Telecom, JustPark, Jysk, Kakao, Kickstarter, King's College Hospital, Klaviyo, L'Oréal, LeadSquared, Leanpay, Lebara Mobile, LinkedIn, Lotus Hospitals, Lyft, Magento, Malabar Investments, Marham, MarketingPlatform, Marks & Spencer, Mastercard, Matelab Srl, McKinsey & Company, medGo, MediaMarkt, Mediatel Data, Medtel, Mepal, MercadoLibre, Message Broadcast, MessageMedia, MessengerPeople, Meta, Metrodata, Microsoft, Mob, MobiFone, MTN, Mukuru, MUUUH! Next, Nederlandse Loterij, Nestlé, Netflix, Netokracija, NetVoice, Nexi, Nickel, Nifty Window, NLB Banka, Nomorobo, Nouriza, Novartis, O2, Occum Health, OEP (One Equity Partners), OLA, Old Mutual, Onebit Cloud, Ooredoo, OpenCart, OpenMarket, OpenRent, OpenSooq, Oracle, Orange, Oxfam, Oxfordcaps, Papa John's Pizza, ParkMobile, Parloa, Pathwire, Paylogic, Paytm, Peerless Network, Philips, Pick n Pay Group, Plantt.io, Plus, PostNord, Quadra, Radware, Raiffeisen Bank, Rakuten, Randstad, Rapido, Rappi, Red Hat, Redpoint Ventures, Rently, Responsys, Revolut, Robi, RSPCA, Safaricom, Salesforce, San Paolo, Santagostino, SAP, Segment, Selligent, Senati, Seqouia Capital, Shift Conference, ShoeBeDo, Shopify, SimpleTECH, Skoda Auto, Skype, Slack, Smart Communications, SMARTY, Social25, SodaStream, Somtel, Source.One, Specsavers, Spetz, Spotify, Standard Bank, stc, Sterling Bank, Strands, Stripe, SurveyMonkey, SWAN, Tailorman, Takeaway.com, Talis, Tangerine, Tantan, Target, Tarjeta Plan Platino, TATA 1mg, Tele2, Telefónica, Telegram, Telekom Deutschland, Telkom South Africa, Tellephant, telXira, Teravoz, Tesco Bank, The American Red Cross, The Denan Project, the Dutch Government, The Netherlands Red Cross, The Norwegian Health Agency, The Times Group, The University of Warwick, think moto, Tiger Global, Tismi, TM (Telekom Malaysia Berhad), Tokopedia, Total, TRADEofficer, TransUnion, Trimitrasis, Truecaller, Truweight, TTN, TUI, Twistellar, Twitch, UBA, Uber, Ubicua Limitada, Unilever, United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust, US Foods, ValueFirst, Viber, Viettel, Visa, VMware, Vodafone, Voiceitt, Volpy, Wakeflow, Walgreens, Walmart, WebEngage, Wefarm, Welthungerhilfe, WeWork, WhatsApp, WIT Software, WooCommerce, WorkIndia, Wurth, X, Yelp , Yousign, YouTube, Zain, ZALORA, Zendesk, Zipcar, Zipwhip, ZOHO, Zoko, Zomato, Zong 4G.
DATA & INTERACTIVE FORECAST
Juniper Research's latest “OTT Business Messaging” market forecast provides leading market research into key metrics and statistics, such as the total number of OTT business messages sent, and revenue from OTT business messaging, that provide next-level insight into the OTT business messaging market of 60 countries.
Juniper Research's “OTT Business Messaging” market forecast provides insight into the following key metrics:
- OTT Summary:
- Total Number of OTT Messenger App Users
- Total Number of Messages Sent on OTT Messenger Apps
- Total Number of OTT Business Messages Sent
- Total Revenue from OTT Business Messaging
- Total Operator A2P Revenue Lost to OTT Business Messaging
- OTT Advertising:
- Total Number of OTT Advertising Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Advertising Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Advertising Business Messaging
- OTT Banking:
- Total Number of OTT Banking Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Banking Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Banking Business Messaging
- OTT Healthcare:
- Total Number of OTT Healthcare Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Healthcare Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Healthcare Business Messaging
- OTT Content Payment:
- Total Number of OTT Content Payment Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Content Payment Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Content Payment Business Messaging
- OTT Retail:
- Total Number of OTT Retail Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Retail Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Retail Business Messaging
- OTT Ticketing:
- Total Number of OTT Ticketing Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Ticketing Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Ticketing Business Messaging
- OTT Other:
- Total Number of OTT Other Business Messages
- Total Revenue from OTT Other Business Messaging
- Total Operator Loss from OTT Other Business Messaging
Geographical splits: 60 countries
Number of tables: 54 tables
Number of datapoints: Over 24,300 datapoints
harvest: Our online data platform, harvest, contains the very latest market data and is updated throughout the year. This is a fully featured platform; enabling clients to better understand key data trends and manipulate charts and tables; overlaying different forecasts within the one chart - using the comparison tool. Empower your business with our market intelligence centre, and receive alerts whenever your data is updated.
Interactive Excels (IFxl): Our IFxl tool enables clients to manipulate both forecast data and charts, within an Excel environment, to test their own assumptions using the interactive scenario tool and compare selected markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase a client's ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
OTT business messaging traffic will grow to 375 billion in 2028, rising from 100 billion messages in 2023. Diminishing quality of SMS networks will drive enterprises that use mobile business messaging to explore alternative channels, including OTT messaging apps. As a result, operators are expected to lose over $3 billion of SMS business messaging revenue globally to OTT channels over the next five years.
- Reduced SMS network quality is being driven by the rising prevalence of fraud,whilst operators' SMS prices continue to rise to maintain revenue amidst slowingdemand for business messaging traffic. To capitalise on this plateauing SMSmarket, OTT app vendors must deploy pricing strategies that attract high-spendingenterprises away from established SMS channels. These strategies must separatetraffic by uses, charging a premium to enterprises for mission critical traffic, suchas MFA (Multi-factor Authentication).
- A large increase in OTT business messaging spend for retail, growing from $790million globally in 2023, to over $2.6 billion by 2028. OTT messaging vendors mustintegrate data from other retail channels into OTT business messaging activities. Indoing so, these vendors can position their apps as a key channel for retailers'eCommerce strategies. To maximise the potential in this space, it is imperative thatOTT messaging vendors directly integrate payment capabilities into apps tomaximise the channel's value proposition.