Juniper Research's ‘MFS (Mobile Financial Services) in Emerging Markets’ report comprehensively evaluates mobile money services in emerging markets. It identifies and assesses monetisation models and strategies for MFS providers operating in these emerging markets.
This must-read report provides an in-depth analysis of key growth drivers and 5-year forecasts for MFS segments, including Mobile Money Transfer, Microloans, Microsavings and Microinsurance.
This research suite includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5-Year Deep Dive Data and Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- MFS Monetisation Analysis: A strategic evaluation of future best practices and monetisation opportunities for MFS and providers across four key sectors including:
- Mobile Money Transfer
- Technology Impact Assessment: A comprehensive analysis of the future impact of key MFS services, scored on a range of criteria including:
- Ecosystem Readiness
- Regulatory Barriers
- Service Availability
- Service Clarity
- Service Scalability
- Time to Market
- User Readiness
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: 5-year forecasts for MFS, including total number of active users, transactions volume and total transaction value for each key MFS sector.
- Juniper Research's Player Positioning Indices: 31 leading MFS stakeholders compared, scored and positioned in two Player Positioning Indices for:
- Mobile Money Services Providers
- Sophisticated Mobile Financial Services Providers
- 1. What will the transaction value be of MFS services in emerging markets by 2024?
- 2. Where can the untapped opportunities for MFS providers be found over the next five years?
- 3. Which MFS monetisation strategies will be most successful for MFS providers over the next five years?
- 4. What strategies can players implement to capitalise on the growing MFS ecosystem?
- 5. Who are the leading MFS providers in emerging markets?
- Included in Vendor Positioning Indices: Airtel Money, BIMA, bKash, Easypaisa, EcoCash, Equitel Money, eZ Cash, Grameenphone, LinkAja, Mon Cash, M-Pesa, MTN Mobile Money, Ooredoo, Orange Money, Robi, Roshan M-Paisa, Smart Padala, Tigo, Tingg, Transfer, uPaisa, Wave Money.
- Mentioned: Airtel, Alipay, Allianz, América Móvil, Banamex, Banco Inbursa, Barclays, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, BRAC Bank, Bradesco, Carepay, Cellulant, Central Bank of Nigeria, CGAP, Citibank, Claro, Communications Authority of Kenya, Dala, Dialog Axiata, Digicel, EasyPay Uganda, Econet Wireless, Equity Bank, Etisalat Group, Facebook, Family Bank, Grameen Foundation, Grameen Telecom, GSMA, International Finance Corporation, IIF, Jaza Duka, Jazz, KCB (Kenya Commercial Bank), Kiva, La Poste Tunisienne, Mastercard, Meezan Bank, mHIT Australia, Millicom, MMI, Money in Motion, Mowali, MTN, myAgro, Myanma Economic Bank, Nuffield College, Orange, PayPal, Pertamina, Pharmaccess, Roshan, Royal Bank of India, Safaricom, Scotiabank, SimbaPay, Tameer Bank, Tameer Microfinance. Taysir Microfinance, Telcel, Telenor, Telkomsel, Thunes, U Microfinance Bank, Ufone, Unilever, Valyou, Vodafone, WeChat, Western Union, WhatsApp, World Bank, Yoma Bank.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper Research's ‘Mobile Financial Services in Emerging Markets’ forecast suite includes:
- 5-year benchmark forecasts for key metrics across four key emerging market regions:
- Latin America
- Indian Subcontinent
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Africa & Middle East
- Country-level splits including:
- South Africa
- MFS market split by four sectors, including:
- Mobile Money Transfer
- Mobile Money Transfer Sector split by eight key transaction types:
- Airtime Top Up
- Bill Payment
- Cash In
- Cash Out
- Domestic P2P
- International P2P
- Merchant Payment
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 75 tables and over 8,000 datapoints.
- Interactive Excel Scenario tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper's data for five different metrics.
Juniper Research's highly granular IFXLs (Interactive Excels) enable clients to manipulate Juniper Research's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.