The market for active calcium silicate is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% globally during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are growing demand from the construction industry in Asia-Pacific and increasing usage in the ceramic industry. On the flipside, stringent regulations pertaining to permissible exposure limit of the product and unfavourable conditions arising due to COVID-19 outbreak are the major restraints, which are hindering the growth of market.
- Growing demand for sound adsorption and high temperature-resistance applications is expected to offer various lucrative opportunities for the growth of market.
- By application, fire protection segment is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period owing to stringent regulations proposed by various governments to use fire protection materials in commercial, residential and industrial buildings.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as China, India and ASEAN Countries.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Insulation and Fire Protection Segment
- Active calcium silicate is widely used in the building & constructio segment owing to its properties which leads the product to be used for adhesion, insulation, intumescence and fire resistance applications. Growing construction spending to upgrade the quality of residential, commercial and industrial projects, has led to the increased demand of the product in the sector.
- The products have increased usage in the production of wall board and acoustic tiles, as active calcium silicate has the capability to offer excellent sound adsorption properties. Active calcium silicate are non-combustible and retains their excellent dimensional stability even in damp and humid conditions.
- The government has been emphasizing on stringent environmental regulations for the purpose of preventing fire and reducing harm caused by fire hazards, for improving emergency rescue, safeguarding personal safety and security of property, as well as maintaining public security.
- Building Regulations applies to the construction of new buildings and to extensions and material alterations to the buildings. These safety laws on building construction has been following at a rapid pace in the interior surfaces for protection against fire hazards, leading to enhanced demand for fire protection products such as active calcium silicate.
- The global construction industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period and is estimated to reach USD 10.5 trillion by 2023. Owing to this, the demand for active calcium silicate is likely to increase in construction of new buildings and infrastructure, which is expected to boost the active calcium silicate market during the forecast period.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors for active calcium silicate, its market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for active calcium silicate during the forecast period. In countries like China and India, owing to increase in the demand for active calcium silicates from various applications in building & constructions, fire protection, cement and ceramics, the demand for active calcium silicate has been increasing in the region.
- Enactment of rules and regulations pertaining to product standards and quality is expected to drive regional growth. Demand for fireproofing cladding products such as active calcium silicate for prevention against smoke, flames and fire spread should boost market demand.
- The construction sector of Asia-Pacific has been witnessing a steady growth, in the recent past, owing to the presence of fast-growing economies, rapid urbanization, and rising infrastructure spending. The increasing presence of foreign companies in the Asia-Pacific region has also created demand for the construction of new offices, buildings, production houses, etc., thereby, driving the growth of the construction sector in the region and consequently stimulating the active calcium silicate market in the region.
- China has already established a set of fire safety regulations, from policy-based regulations about fire prevention and reduction, to specific standards related to the requirements for fire safety facilities and monitoring processes. The updated law relating to fire safety is the Code for Fire Protection Design of Buildings (GB50016-2014), which combines the original specification and the Code of Fire Protection Design of tall buildings to increase consistency and compatibility with other standard protocols. Such regulations are serving to boost the uptake of active calcium silicate in the region.
- According to the Indian Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the Indian real estate industry is likely to reach USD 1 trillion by 2030 and may contribute approximately 13% to the country's GDP by 2025. This is likely to increase the demand of active calcium silicate and propel its market in the region.
- Some of the major companies operating in Asia-Pacific region are - Promat, 2K Technologies, HIL Limited, and MLA Group of Industries.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for active calcium silicate during the forecast period.
The global active calcium silicate market is fragmented in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Promat International (Etex), Skamol Group, American Elements, HIL Limited, and Johns Manville among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support