The China Controlled Release Fertilizer Market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.34%
- Largest Segment by Type - Straight : CRF Urea release the nitrogen in a gradual manner. As nitrigen is the most applied fertilizer, CRF urea can prevent nitrogen mineralization that degrades the soil quality.
- Largest Segment by Coating Type - Polymer Coated : The polymer coated fertilizers release the nutrients for longer duration and decrease the leaching losses of fertilizers in the soil and also reduce the application rate.
- Largest Segment by Crop Type - Field Crops : Cultivation of field crops accounts for around 74% of the total agricultural land in the country and accounts for consumption of 84.5% of the total CRF fertilizes.
China Controlled Release Fertilizer Market Trends
Polymer Coated is the largest segment by Coating Type.
- Controlled-release fertilizers (CRFs) accounted for 4.3% of the Chinese specialty fertilizer market value in 2021. The market value increased by 41.0% during the study period, and it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
- Polymer-coated urea, owing to its highest N content, thinnest coating, easily degradable, and longest release period, is the major type of CRF used as basal fertilizer in the country for the majority of its crops, such as rice, corn, and wheat. Polymer-coated fertilizers accounted for 58.5% of the CRF segment in 2021. Polymer-coated fertilizer technologies differ greatly between manufacturers, depending on the coating material and the coating process used.
- Nitrogenous nutrients are applied by polymer-sulfur-coated fertilizers because sulfur is necessary for improving crop quality and resistance. The interaction of sulfur and nitrogen reduces crop nitrate content and improves crop quality. Nitrogenous sulfur-coated fertilizers accounted for 64.2% of the Chinese polymer-sulfur-coated fertilizer market in 2021.
- With higher demand from various governments, other than chemical coatings, there are various biobased coatings done over the chemical fertilizers, such as biobased polyurethane, epoxy resin, and polyolefin wax composite coatings, which are boosting the others category. The others segment accounted for 17.4% of the Chinese controlled-release fertilizer market value in 2021.
- Therefore, based on the characteristics, the demand for coated controlled-release fertilizers is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period.
China Controlled Release Fertilizer Market Competitor Analysis
The China Controlled Release Fertilizer Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 2.82%. The major players in this market are Compo Expert, Hebei Sanyuanjiuqi Fertilizer Co., Ltd., Hebei Woze Wufeng Biological Technology Co., Ltd, Sociedad Quimica y Minera (SQM) and Zhongchuang xingyuan chemical technology co.ltd (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support