Cover Image
Market Research Report

Indonesia Agrochemicals Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)

Published by Mordor Intelligence LLP Product code 389245
Published Content info 85 Pages
Delivery time: 2-3 business days
Price
Back to Top
Indonesia Agrochemicals Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)
Published: April 1, 2019 Content info: 85 Pages
Description

Market Overview

The Indonesian agrochemicals market was valued at USD 523.3 million in 2018 and is forecasted to reach a value of USD 668.4 million by 2024, witnessing a healthy CAGR of 4.09%, during the forecast period. As of 2018, the grains and cereals segment had the highest share, representing 36% of the market.

Scope of the Report

An agrochemical or agricultural chemical is a chemical product used in agriculture. More often than not, it is a fertilizer or a crop protection chemical. The report defines the market, in terms of end users, who procure agrochemicals for agriculture. The end users include farmers and institutional buyers, operating in agricultural production.

Key Market Trends

The Need for Increased Land Productivity is Driving the Market

Indonesia is a nation troubled by the significant slowing down of productivity gains of most food crops and due to the majority of farmers operating less than one-half hectare. Adding to that, the agriculture segment is facing threats from many factors like changes in climatic conditions, reducing soil fertility, increase in number of plant diseases, and others which are resulting in low yields. In order to increase the yield the government of Indonesia is trying to increase the usage of agrochemicals.

The Grains and Cereals Segment leads the Indonesian Agrochemical Market

The grains and cereals segment of the Indonesian agrochemicals market accounted for 36.4% share of the total market in 2018. Rice is Indonesia's dominant staple crop, accounting for around 21% of the total agricultural production in 2016. In the province of Java, brown planthopper is a major rice pest and vector of viruses among Javanese rice farms, leading to higher use of crop protection chemical in the province.

Competitive Landscape

The Indonesian crop protection chemicals market has a mixed outlook in terms of shares, as the major four companies in the market account for around 58.5% of the market, while the rest 41.5% is accounted through other multi-national and domestic companies.

International companies, such as Syngenta Indonesia PT, PT BASF Indonesia, DowDuPont, and domestic companies, such as PT BISI International Tbk are trying to grab a larger share in the market by introducing new products and by acquiring business units from other companies.

Reasons to Purchase this report:

  • The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
  • Report customization as per the client's requirements
  • 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
Product Code: 53420

Table of Contents

1 INTRODUCTION

  • 1.1 Study Deliverables
  • 1.2 Scope of the Study
  • 1.3 Study Assumptions

2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY

3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

4 MARKET DYNAMICS

  • 4.1 Market Overview
  • 4.2 Market Drivers
  • 4.3 Market Restraints
  • 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
    • 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
    • 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
    • 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
    • 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
    • 4.4.5 Degree of Competition

5 MARKET SEGMENTATION

  • 5.1 Type
    • 5.1.1 Fertilizers Market
    • 5.1.2 Pesticides Market
    • 5.1.3 Adjuvants Market
    • 5.1.4 Plant Growth Regulators Market
  • 5.2 Application
    • 5.2.1 Cereals
    • 5.2.2 Oilseeds
    • 5.2.3 Fruits and Vegetables
    • 5.2.4 Other Crops

6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE

  • 6.1 Market Share Analysis
  • 6.2 Most Adopted Strategies in the Past Five Years
  • 6.3 Company Profiles
    • 6.3.1 Bayer Crop Science
    • 6.3.2 BASF
    • 6.3.3 Dow Agrosciences Llc.
    • 6.3.4 Monsanto Company
    • 6.3.5 Syngenta AG.
    • 6.3.6 Yara International
    • 6.3.7 Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
    • 6.3.8 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company
    • 6.3.9 Sinofert Holdings Limited (China)
    • 6.3.10 Cargill
    • 6.3.11 Lallemand Inc.
    • 6.3.12 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
    • 6.3.13 Sumitomo Chemical
    • 6.3.14 FMC Corporation
    • 6.3.15 Rotam Manunggal Perkasa. CV
    • 6.3.16 PT EKA DWI SELO UNGGUL
    • 6.3.17 PT. Pupuk Iskandar Muda (PIM)
    • 6.3.18 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)

7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS

8 APPENDIX

Back to Top