The mobile crushers and screeners market was valued at USD 1897.8 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 2552.7 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.82% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Factors like low transportation costs, rapid urbanization, and increasing mining activity in developing countries are the primary reasons driving the mobile crushers and screeners market.
- Mobile crushers and screeners are basically a form of stationary crushers and screeners, which are mounted either on wheels or on tracks. They are an emerging form of crushing equipment, showing high potential for growth, over and beyond the forecast period.
- This robust growth can be attributed to the fact that extensive corrosion issues are being faced in fixed quarry plants, which are in use for more than three decades. This disadvantage of fixed quarry plants has prompted quarry companies to use mobile crushers, to improve operational flexibility and safety.
- According to the United Nations, two-thirds of the global population is expected to live in cities, by 2050. Also currently, around 55% of the global population is known to be living in urban areas or cities, and the share is expected to increase to about 68%, over the coming decades. Therefore, the construction industry is expected to witness a robust adoption of mobile crushers and screeners.
- On the flip side, carbon emissions by these machines and the inadequate industry infrastructure are the major challenges that are expected to restrain the growth of the market studied, over the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The mobile crusher and screener are the machines that are used for crushing and processing stones and minerals obtained from various sources. These machines are basically stationary crushing and screening equipment which are mounted on a wheeled or tracked platform. These mobile equipment are transferred to the work site where they can easily moved within the site to crush and screen the material obtained.
Key Market Trends
Mining Sector to Witness High Growth
- Mobile crushers are widely used in the mining industry for processing quarried materials and heavy mining substances. With the additional advantage of transportation to the required location and maneuvering the equipment within the site, the mobile crushers demand is expected to rise.
- Mobile crushers are also being adopted on a large scale in the mining sector because they eliminate the usage of large conveyor belts, truck haulage, and road construction, thus saving the costs to a large extent.
- Though the global outlook for the mining sector remains largely mixed owing to fluctuations in metal & oil prices, this market is expected to grow rapidly owing to the increased construction activities in developing countries.
- As the mineral production is increasing year on year, for instance, the increasing production of lithium is evidence of the growth of the mobile crushers and screeners market.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the fastest growth in the market studied, due to the rapidly expanding population in urban areas and increasing transportation costs for primary crushing process.
- Governments in the Asia-Pacific region, including Indonesia, China, India, and Japan, are heavily investing in construction, industrial, and public projects, thereby creating a way for the emergence of numerous opportunities, for the growth of the market studied, in the region.
- With the increase in enhanced manufacturing units and rising industrialization, coupled with higher transportation costs in the countries such as China, India, and Japan, are boosting the growth of the mobile crushers and screeners market.
- Moreover, Indonesia is also one of the fastest growing construction markets in this region. A recent reduction in interest rates has made funding more affordable and this has positively affected the construction industry in Indonesia, hence driving the market studied.
The mobile crushers and screeners market is highly competitive with the presence of many small and large players in the domestic and international boundaries. The market is moderately consolidated and the key strategies adopted by the major players in the market is mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players in the market are Metso Corporation, Terex Corporation, Komatsu Mining Corporation among others.
- February 2018 - Komatsu announced the acceleration of the development of smaller drills, for surface mining applications. The company expanded the product line of its P&H brand, to include articulating boom track drills. The first machine in the series, the 44XT, was tested at the company's Arizona proving grounds.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support