Semiconductor etching equipment market size was valued at USD 12,908.1 Million in 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2023 to 2030.
Semiconductor etch equipment is known as the device used to remove specific materials from the silicon wafer substrate surface by using the dry etching method or wet etching method. The plasma ion is used by the dry etch method to remove the selective material from the silicon wafer substrate. The chemical used by the wet etch method to eliminate the selective material from the silicon wafer substrate. Moreover, to create patterns according to its applications, the etching process removes the material from the surface of the semiconductor.
Semiconductor Etching Equipment Market- Market Dynamics:
- Increasing technological advancement and the quick pace of micro-electromechanical systems are driving market demand.
- The major driver of the semiconductor etching equipment market is the quick pace of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) integration in a range of electronic devices. Rising demand for mini, smart electronic devices includes portable consumer gadgets propelling semiconductor etching equipment application in the development of chips used in these devices. Moreover, the etching equipment market is experiencing tremendous growth due to the transition in wafer etching & deposition and the rise in technological advancement. In addition, with the developments in smart devices to assist various end-user industries, the growth in technological advancement is boosted. In response, it introduces an expansion in the semiconductor sector to propel the demand for semiconductor dielectric etching equipment. One of the most significant aspects driving the market's expansion is the transition in the fundamental technology from producing high-precision semiconductors from exposure to etching technology. However, government-led stringent regulations and price fluctuation in raw material is likely to hinder market growth.
Semiconductor Etching Equipment Market- Key Insights:
- As per the analysis shared by our research analyst, the global semiconductor etching equipment market is estimated to grow annually at a CAGR of around 8.3% over the forecast period (2023-2030)
- The semiconductor etching equipment industry is projected to grow at a significant rate due to the growing awareness of technological advancement
- Based on type segmentation, dry etch equipment was predicted to show maximum market share in the year 2022
- On the basis of region, Asia Pacific was the leading revenue generator in 2022
Semiconductor Etching Equipment Market- Segmentation Analysis:
- The global semiconductor etching equipment market is segmented on the basis of type, process, end user, and region.
- The market is divided into two categories based on type: dry etch equipment and wet etch equipment. The dry etch equipment segment is likely to possess the market share over the forecast period. The segment includes the utilization of plasma to eliminate material from the semiconductor wafer's surface. In addition, for advanced semiconductor manufacturing, the process is highly controlled and enables precise patterning. Moreover, plasma etching, reactive ion etching (RIE), and deep reactive ion etching (DRIE) are the different types of dry etching techniques.
- The market is divided into two categories based on the process: conductors etch and dielectrics etch. The dielectrics etch segment is attributed to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. This equipment is specialized equipment that is employed in the semiconductor for a specific purpose during the manufacturing process of a semiconductor. Additionally, it also refers to an anisotropic process that eliminates several dielectric substances including silicon oxide, silicon nitride, and other overlying photoresist masks.
- The market is divided into two categories based on end users: foundry, integrated device manufacturers, and memory manufacturers. The foundry segment is likely to maintain its dominance. The segment plays an essential role in the semiconductor industry ecosystem. They offer advanced manufacturing processes, equipment, and expertise to manufacture complex integrated circuits.
Semiconductor Etching Equipment Market- Geographical Insights:
Geographically, this market is widespread into the regions of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. These regions are further divided as per the nations bringing business.
Semiconductor Etching Equipment Market- Competitive Landscape:
The increase in the importance of Atomic Layer Etching (ALE) for the logic device that is employed in arithmetic processing and in etching the various atomic layers is fuelling the market growth. Moreover, the demand for advanced etching methods among semiconductor companies is driven by the surge in R&D activities in relation to on-chip sensors for use in healthcare and medical applications. Considerable requirements for cutting-edge cleaning methods for silicon wafer techniques are likely to accelerate market development. For instance, in September 2022, AlixLabs developed a innovative method for manufacturing semiconductor components with a high degree of packing, removing several steps in the semiconductor manufacturing process - Atomic Layer Etch Pitch Splitting (APS)*.
For instance, in February 2022, Lam Research Corp. announced a new suite of selective etch products that apply breakthrough novel chemistries and wafer fabrication techniques to support chipmakers in the development of gate-all-around (GAA) transistor structures.
Key features of the study:
- This proposed research study on semiconductor etching equipment market provides market size (US$ million), compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) and forecast estimation (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year.
- The report provides the client the latest up-to-date and trending insights about the semiconductor etching equipment market.
- The research report elucidates potential growth opportunities across different segments/countries and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for semiconductor etching equipment market.
- The overall report identifies new investment opportunities, challenges faced by established players, and growth factors to sustain in the semiconductor etching equipment market.
- Impact of COVID-19 on semiconductor etching equipment market size, forecast, CAGR, and market dynamics are discussed in detail under the research scope. Detailed insight on semiconductor etching equipment market post-COVID will also be covered.
- In order to give the users of this report a comprehensive view on the semiconductor etching equipment market, we have also included competitive landscape and key innovator analysis for the semiconductor etching equipment market.
- The study encompasses a growth prospect mapping analysis, wherein all the industry segments are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness.
- The report offers detailed company profiling featuring major market participants who will help users to understand their financial information and strategic initiatives of players operating in the semiconductor etching equipment market.
- In addition, the report also unveil the important acquisitions & mergers, collaborations & joint ventures, new launch, research & development, regional expansion of major participants involved in the market on global as well as regional level.
- The global semiconductor etching equipment market report primarily caters to various stakeholders in this industry including suppliers, investors, new entrants, distributors, and financial analysts.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR ETCHING EQUIPMENT MARKET KEY PLAYERS
- MKS Instruments
- Panasonic Corporation
- Advanced Energy Industries
- EV Group (EVG)
- SAMCO Inc.
- Applied materials, Inc.
- DISCO Corporation
- Lam Research Corporation
- Hitachi High-Tech Corporation
- SPTS Technologies Ltd.
- Tokyo Electron Limited
GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR ETCHING EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY TYPE
- Dry etch equipment
- Wet etch equipment
GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR ETCHING EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY PROCESS
- Conductor Etch
- Dielectric Etch
GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR ETCHING EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY END USER
- Integrated device manufacturers
- Memory manufacturers
GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR ETCHING EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- The U.S.
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of MEA