"Germany Foodservice Market Size and Trends by Profit and Cost Sector Channels, Consumers, Locations, Key Players, and Forecast, 2021-2026" published by GlobalData provides extensive insight and analysis of the German Foodservice market over the next five years (2021-2026) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
The overall value of Germany's foodservice profit sector declined at a negative CAGR of 9.3% during 2016-21, falling to EUR60.6 billion ($71.6 billion) in 2021. This decline was due to a substantial drop in the number of transactions in 2021, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions on businesses. FSR remained the largest foodservice channel generating the sales of EUR16.7 billion ($19.7 billion). FSR's value declined at a negative CAGR of 7.7% during 2016-21. QSR was the second-largest channel in the German foodservice profit sector in 2021, accounting for a 22.3% share of the sector's value.The pub, club & bar channel was hit hard by the pandemic. Many bars and pubs were pushed to closure amid the pandemic, as their revenues dried up and their costs accumulated. Germany's foodservice profit sector is led by independent outlets generating the majority of the overall revenue. Take-aways accounted for 28.4% of sales in restaurant channels in 2021, while dine-ins made up the remaining 71.6%.
The report includes -
- Overview of Germany's macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Germany's foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shop, and Pub, Club & Bar) within Germany's foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: Identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the German population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- The German foodservice profit sector generated a total revenue of EUR60.6 billion ($71.6 billion) in 2021, declining at a negative CAGR of 9.3% from EUR98.9 billion ($109.3 billion) in 2016.
- The decline was primarily due to the number of transactions during 2016-21, which fell at a negative CAGR of 7.9%. During 2021-26, the German foodservice profit sector will register a strong CAGR of 16.7%.
- The number of transactions will also register a double-digit CAGR of 11.6%, while the number of outlets will generate a CAGR of 0.7% during 2021-26. FSR was the largest channel in the profit sector in 2021, accounting for a 27.5% share of the sector's revenue.
- The channel is a popular choice among consumers due to its ideal ambience for socializing occasions and attractive dining atmosphere. QSR was the second-largest channel in the foodservice profit sector in 2021, with a 22.3% share of sales.
- The channel remains popular among consumers mainly due to convenience, value for money, and safe delivery options.
- The pub, club & bar channel was the third largest channel which accounted for a share of 13.5% in 2021. Germany's foodservice profit sector is led by independent outlets generating the majority of the overall revenue.
Reasons to Buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2021-2026) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shop, and Pub, Club & Bar) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.