Post-pandemic, fitness which entails prioritizing care for the individuals health needs is more important than ever. Modern fitness trends adhere to a self-care and holistic health approach.
Consumers are taking ownership of the health crisis and seek out products which allow them greater control of their personal fitness levels. A 360° approach to health and wellness continues to be important as most consumers now accept that they cannot have good physical fitness long-term without also taking care of their mental wellbeing. Self medicating is framed as an important preventative health measure instead of reliance on curative action.
- A shortage of time and money resources post-pandemic is driving demand for fitness shortcuts and health hacks which better accommodate altered and hybrid lifestyles.
- Consumers are even willing to pay a premium for added functionality products which are now seen as a long-term investment in the face of macroeconomic uncertainty and increased life expectancy.
- Brands are under pressure to offer genuinely impactful products faced with growing regulation and fad fatigue.
- While progression of the Fitness trend may be hampered by regulation, overall, it will be driven forward in the next decade by ongoing scientific research and technological developments which will further brand and consumer understanding of health and wellness.
Reasons to Buy
- Recognize what has driven the evolution of consumer attitudes so far, and why brands must incorporate Fitness attributes and features.
- Identify where the market is going and how consumers react in different categories.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to assist future decision-making and product development.