The global electric power distribution automation systems market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end-use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Electric power distribution automation system (DAS) assists in collecting, analyzing, and managing the distribution of electricity. It comprises sensors, processors, switches, and information and communication networks to improve the operational efficiency of the power system. It enhances the speed and accuracy of different key distribution system processes. Besides this, it provides real-time operational notifications about fault detection, voltage monitoring, reactive power management, preventive equipment maintenance, and grid integration of distributed energy resources.
Electric Power Distribution Automation Systems Market Trends:
- The increasing requirement of electricity in hotels, hospitals, data centers and corporate offices represents one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, there is a rise in the need for energy efficiency and immediate fault detection in power distribution networks. This, along with the benefits offered by electric power DAS, such as reliability, islanding operation and better operational performance, is contributing to the growth of the market. Besides this, rising investments in smart cities by governing agencies of numerous countries have resulted in the upgradation of transmission and distribution infrastructure. This, in confluence with the surging demand for smart grids and increasing investments to replace the existing infrastructure, is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, private distribution utilities, service providers, government bodies and equipment manufacturers are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovative technologies. These technologies are anticipated to reduce power failures and increase the overall efficiency of the existing distribution system.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global electric power distribution automation systems market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, implementation and application.
Breakup by Implementation:
- Substation Automation
- Feeder Automation
- Consumer Side Automation
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ABB Ltd, Eaton Corporation Plc, G&W Electric Company, General Electric Company, Honeywell International Inc., Hubbell Power Systems Inc (Hubbell Incorporated), Itron Inc, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, S&C Electric Company, Schneider Electric, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc. and Siemens AG. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global electric power distribution automation systems market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global electric power distribution automation systems market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the implementation?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global electric power distribution automation systems market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?