The global ambulance services market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end-use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Ambulance, or paramedic, services refer to the emergency medical facilities used to transport patients that require immediate attention due to an illness or accidental injury. The ambulance services are ported to the site using specialized vehicles on the ground, air and water. These services are connected and integrated with communication and transportation networks, hospitals, trauma centers, specialty care centers and rehabilitation facilities to provide optimal care to the patients. They are used for both emergency and non-emergency situations and are integrated with tools for Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) for the patients.
Ambulance Services Market Trends:
- Significant growth in the healthcare industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the increasing incidents of road accidents, natural calamities and medical ailments that require immediate medical attention are providing a thrust to the market growth. As the geriatric population continues to rise, the need for ambulance services is also increasing considerably for both unscheduled and irregular non-emergency and emergency situations. Moreover, as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to spread across the globe, there has been a significant increase in the demand for ambulance services in the healthcare centers. Additionally, the advent of multi-specialty ambulances that are equipped with innovative tools and equipment to provide prompt and high-quality care to the patients is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Various healthcare centers are also adopting air ambulances to transport patients with infectious diseases and critical conditions with enhanced convenience, flexibility and safety for the patient. Other factors, including the implementation of favorable government policies to promote public health, along with extensive improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global ambulance services market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on transport vehicle, emergency services and equipment.
Breakup by Transport Vehicle:
- Ground Ambulance
- Air Ambulance
- Water Ambulance
Breakup by Emergency Services:
- Emergency Services
- Non-Emergency Services
Breakup by Equipment:
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Ambulance Services
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Ambulance Services
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Acadian Ambulance Service Inc., Air Methods Corporation, America Ambulance Services Inc., Babcock International Group PLC, BVG India Limited, Dutch Health B.V., Falck A/S, Global Medical Response Inc., London Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Medivic Pharmaceutical PVT LTD and Ziqitza Healthcare Limited. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global ambulance services market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global ambulance services market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the transport vehicle?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the emergency services?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the equipment?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global ambulance services market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?