The global warehousing and storage market reached a value of US$ 451.9 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 605.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.9% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Warehouses and storages are required by every business owner for an efficient and smooth set up of the inventory. A warehouse may be defined as a place that is used for the storage or accumulation of finished products, raw materials, semi-finished goods, goods that are imported or exported, etc. There is a need for storing the goods in order to make them available to the end users as and when required. Certain amount of goods are stored at every stage during the value chain of any product. Appropriate arrangements to retail the goods in the right condition are vital for success in marketing. Storage ensures an organization to carry on production in anticipation of demand in the future. Warehouses enable the organization to continue its production throughout the year and to sell their goods, whenever there is sufficient demand. In general, warehouses can be divided into three categories which include general warehousing and storage, farm product warehousing and storage, and refrigerated warehousing and storage. Market Trends:
- The key application sectors of warehousing such as manufacturing, retail, healthcare, construction, automotive, technology, etc. are expected to exhibit continuous growth in the coming years. Moreover, we also expect an increase in demand from the ecommerce sector. Web based shopping has gained popularity and has become a go-to-option for almost all types of customers. The advent of online shopping has created a huge demand of warehousing space in both developed and emerging economies. Furthermore, catalyzed by the rising popularity of frozen foods, the demand of refrigerated warehousing and storage has also been increasing. This can be attributed to the fact that frozen foods are simple to cook, healthy to eat, and easily available in the market. Additionally, recent advancement in the IT and transportation sector are also creating a positive impact on the warehousing and storage market. Increasing use of wearables, sensors, radio frequency identification tags, etc. are also making the storage and transportation of goods more efficient.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global warehousing and storage market, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type of warehouses, ownership and end-use.
- Breakup by Type of Warehouses: General Warehousing and Storage
- Refrigerated Warehousing and Storage
- Farm Product Warehousing and Storage
- Based on the type of warehouse, the market has been segmented into general warehousing and storage; refrigerated warehousing and storage; and farm product warehousing and storage. General warehousing and storage currently represent the biggest segment.
Breakup by Ownership:
- Private Warehouses
- Public Warehouses
- Bonded Warehouses
- Based on the ownership, the market has been segmented into private warehouses, public warehouses and bonded warehouses.
Breakup by End-Use:
- Consumer Goods
- Food and Beverage
- IT Hardware
- Based on the end-use, the market has been segmented into manufacturing, consumer goods, retail, food and beverage, IT hardware, healthcare, chemicals, and others.
- Breakup by Region: North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market and the profiles of key players have also been covered in this report.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global warehousing and storage market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the warehousing and storage market in any manner. Key Questions Answered in this Report
- 1. What is the size of the global warehousing and storage market?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global warehousing and storage market?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global warehousing and storage market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global warehousing and storage market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global warehousing and storage market based on the type of warehouses?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global warehousing and storage market based on the ownership?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global warehousing and storage market based on the end-use?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global warehousing and storage market?