The global 3D concrete printing market reached a value of US$ 635.2 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 29,506.50 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 82.20% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
3D concrete printing, also known as cementitious 3D construction printing (3DCP), refers to a form of additive manufacturing used to fabricate buildings and construction components. It employs state-of-the-art 3D printing technology, advanced machinery, and novel concrete mixtures to create customized and complex designs, shapes, and structures. It involves depositing layers of 3D printed concrete on the previously pumped layers through the nozzle of the printing equipment until the desired structure is formed. In recent years, 3D concrete printing has rapidly gained traction across the construction industry as it helps streamline the entire process, reduce overall costs, minimize material wastage, enhance productivity, save time and improve construction quality.
3D Concrete Printing Market Trends:
- 3D concrete printing offers higher accuracy, efficiency, improved speed of construction, lower labor costs, and greater design flexibility than traditional construction techniques. As a result, the escalating demand for customized and cost-efficient buildings represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the growing need for affordable housing across the globe due to rapid urbanization, expanding population, and inflating consumer disposable incomes is augmenting the product demand. Additionally, 3D concrete printing assists in fabricating lightweight construction components, including panels, roofs, and walls, while ensuring structural integrity and reducing handling and transportation costs. Along with this, the rising demand for complex building structures and architectural flexibility is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the market growth is favored by several favorable initiatives and extensive investments by governments of various countries in infrastructure development projects owing to the increasing number of national and international events. Moreover, with the advancements in 3D printing technology, innovative concrete mixes have been introduced, such as ready-mix, limecrete, shotcrete, high-density, and precast concrete, which are accelerating product adoption rates. Other factors, including the expanding construction industry, rapid industrialization, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global 3D Concrete Printing market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, concrete type, printing type and end use.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Floors and Roofs
- Panels and Lintels
Breakup by Concrete Type:
Breakup by Printing Type:
- Gantry System
- Robotic Arm
Breakup by End Use:
- Residential Building
- Commercial Building
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Apis Cor, COBOD International A/S, CyBe Construction B.V., DUS Architects, Foster + Partners, Heidelbergcement AG, Holcim Ltd, Sika AG, Skanska AB, Universe Architecture, XtreeE and Yingchuang Building Technique Co. Ltd. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global 3d concrete printing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global 3d concrete printing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the concrete type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the printing type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global 3d concrete printing market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?