The North America pretzel market reached a value of US$ 1.65 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 2.15 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 4.00% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Pretzel refers to crisp, dough-based, and dry biscuits that are made in a twisted-knot shape. Some of the commonly used ingredients include cassava flour, yeast, cane sugar syrup, salt, canola oil, corn starch, cauliflower, etc. Pretzels are mainly available in salt and unsalted variants. Different types of pretzels include soft pretzels, which are eaten shortly after preparation, and hard-baked pretzels that are smaller and crispier and could be consumed up to several months after manufacturing. They act as a rich source of iron, niacin, and folate, which offer numerous health benefits in improving digestion, boosting metabolism, reducing cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases, etc.
North America Pretzel Market Trends:
- The rising popularity of ready-to-eat and convenient snacks, particularly among the millennial and working population, is primarily driving the pretzel market in North America. Moreover, the wide product availability across numerous food service establishments and retail stores is further bolstering the sales of pretzel in the region. Additionally, the launch of pretzels in various innovative flavors ranging from butter and honey mustard to barbecue, parmesan, and garlic, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, with the rising number of health-conscious consumers, several product manufacturers are introducing all-natural, cholesterol-, gluten-, and trans-fat-free pretzels fortified with essential vitamins and minerals. These manufacturers are also expanding their product portfolios by adding pretzels in different shapes and sizes, such as pretzel sticks, sandwiches, poppers, minis, etc. Furthermore, frozen pretzels and frozen pretzel dough, which do not require any preparation, are gaining traction among consumers with hectic lifestyles, thereby positively influencing the regional market. Besides this, the emergence of unique packaging solutions with resealable lids that help in preserving the freshness, enabling easy storage, and extending the product shelf life is expected to drive the North America pretzel market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America pretzel market, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on content, type, packaging type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Content:
- Salted Pretzels
- Unsalted Pretzels
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Packaging Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Store
- Specialist Retailers
- Online Retailers
Breakup by Country:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Conagra Brands, Inc, Dot's Pretzels (The Hershey Company), Frito-Lay North America, Inc (Pepsi Co), Herr Foods Inc., J&J Snack Foods Co., Mars Incorporated, Mr. Pretzels, Old Dutch Foods, Inc., Soft Pretzel Franchise Systems Inc., Snyder's-Lance, Inc. (Campbell Soup Company), Unique Snacks and Utz Brands, Inc. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America pretzel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America pretzel market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the content?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the North America pretzel market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?