The global avalanche photodiode market reached a value of US$ 166.1 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 201.8 Million by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 3.12% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Avalanche photodiodes (APDs) are highly sensitive semiconductor devices that rely on the photoelectric effect to convert light into electricity. They are considered suitable for photon counting and extreme low-level light detection. They are compact, portable, lightweight, and can function in severe environmental conditions as opposed to photomultiplier tubes. Besides this, APDs require little or no cooling and are available in silicon, germanium, InGaAs, and other materials. As a result, they find extensive applications in various end use industries, such as defense, healthcare, aerospace, and telecommunication.
Avalanche Photodiode Market Trends:
- APDs offer numerous advantages as compared to standard photodiodes, which include affordability, easy installation, higher quantum efficiency, larger active detection area, insensitivity to magnetic fields, and better signal-to-noise ratio and linear response range. This, coupled with the increasing adoption of optics in research and development (R&D) activities, represents one of the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, APDs find applications in laser rangefinders, positron emission tomography, long-range fiber-optic telecommunication, and quantum sensing for azid-based control algorithms. Apart from this, the healthcare sector is experiencing advancements to support the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or deformities. This, in confluence with the rising employment of diagnostic devices, is impelling the market growth. Digitization and technological advancements in the telecom sector on account of the large-scale deployment of fiber optic networks are also positively influencing the sales of APDs around the world. Furthermore, leading companies are focusing on organic growth strategies, such as events and product approvals and launches. They are also engaging in acquisitions, and partnership and collaborations to retain their position in the market and expand their customer base.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global avalanche photodiode market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on material, sales channel and end user.
Breakup by Material:
- Silicon Materials
- Germanium Materials
- InGaAs Materials
Breakup by Sales Channel:
Breakup by End User:
- Aerospace and Defense
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Excelitas Technologies Corp., First Sensor AG (TE Connectivity), Global Communication Semiconductors LLC, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Kyoto Semiconductor Co. Ltd., Laser Components (Photona GmbH), Lumentum Operations LLC, Luna Innovations, OSI Systems Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation and SiFotonics Technologies Co. Ltd. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global avalanche photodiode market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global avalanche photodiode market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sales channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global avalanche photodiode market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?