The global microencapsulation market reached a value of US$ 8.8 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 16 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 9.98% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Microencapsulation refers to a protective technology that helps encapsulate solid, liquid, or gaseous material into microparticles. The material enclosed is generally released in a variety of ways, such as physical pressure, friction, diffusion, wall dissolution, and biodegradation. Microencapsulation offers numerous advantages, which include improved efficacy, reduced toxicity, and enhanced patient compliance and convenience compared to conventional dosage forms. Besides this, it also assists in prolonging the action of drugs, solidifying liquids, and improving the stability of thermochromic mixtures. As a result, it finds extensive applications in end use industries around the world.
Microencapsulation Market Trends:
- The flourishing pharmaceutical industry on account of the growing prevalence of chronic diseases represents one of the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Microencapsulation is increasingly being used to reduce the adverse effect, improve therapeutic efficacy by targeting the intended site, and control drug release from encapsulated microparticles. Apart from this, it also helps enhance the stability of drugs by forming a barrier between drug and external environment and solubility of poorly soluble drugs by particle size reduction. Additionally, as the food and beverage (F&B) industry employs functional ingredients to improve flavor, color, and texture properties, and extend the shelf-life of products, there is a rise in the demand for highly efficient microcapsules worldwide. This can be accredited to the benefits of the spray-drying technique that has a low cost and high drug-loading efficacy. Furthermore, leading market players are continuously funding research and development (R&D) activities to improve technology efficiency, which is creating a favorable market outlook. Besides this, significant adoption of microencapsulation techniques in the agrochemical industry is anticipated to propel the market across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global microencapsulation market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on coating material, core form, technology and application.
Breakup by Coating Material:
- Gums and Resins
Breakup by Core Form:
Breakup by Technology:
- Spray Technology
- Dripping Technology
- Emulsion Technology
- Coating Technology
Breakup by Application:
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
- Household and Personal Care
- Food and Beverages
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AVEKA Group, Balchem Inc., BASF SE, Bayer AG, Capsulae, Cargill Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Encapsys LLC, Koehler Innovative Solutions, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lycored, Reed Pacific, Syngenta Group (China National Chemical Corporation) and TasteTech. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global microencapsulation market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global microencapsulation market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the coating material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the core form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global microencapsulation market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?