The global fantasy sports market size reached US$ 20.84 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 43.74 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.30% during 2022-2027.
Fantasy sports refer to online games that allow participants to assemble virtual teams of real sports players. The participants compete by playing as managers of their teams, building the roster through drafts and trades, and making line-ups in pursuit of producing the best team statistically. Football, baseball, soccer, cricket, hockey, and basketball are some commonly played fantasy sports. They are widely used as an interactive and engaging activity to compete with friends, colleagues, and family over friendly leagues. Fantasy sports help increase the learning ability, enhance decision-making, provide a realistic feeling while playing, and improve sports knowledge.
Fantasy Sports Market Trends:
- The rapid expansion of digital infrastructure, coupled with increasing internet penetration, is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Fantasy sports are online prediction games based on websites and mobile applications played using smartphones, laptops, and tablets. In addition, the rising popularity of fantasy sports due to the widespread adoption of social media platforms where individuals can share their scores and standings is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, increasing demand for fantasy sports as active fan engagement tools due to the rising popularity of various sports leagues, such as the national football league (NFL), English premier league (EPL), and national basketball association (NBA), is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of blockchain technology to enhance user experience, prevent abuses, and improve transparency by tracking data associated with teams, winners, and prizes are creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, increasing initiatives by several governments to promote fantasy sports and create a favorable ecosystem by setting regulatory frameworks are providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the launch of new applications, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and rising investments in fantasy sports platforms, are anticipated to drive market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global fantasy sports market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on sports type, platform and demographics.
Breakup by Sports Type:
Breakup by Platform:
- Mobile Application
Breakup by Demographics:
- Under 25 Years
- 25-40 Years
- Above 40 Years
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Apollo Global Management Inc., CBS Sports Network (CBS Broadcasting, Inc.), Dream Sports Inc., Fantasy Power 11, FantasyPros, Fantrax, Flutter Entertainment plc, Fsport, Galactus Funware Technology Private Limited, Gameskraft Technologies, RealTime Fantasy Sports Inc., RotoBash and Sachar Gaming Private Limited.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fantasy sports market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global fantasy sports market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sports type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the platform?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the demographics?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global fantasy sports market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?