The global transcriptomics market size reached US$ 6.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 10.54 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.60% during 2023-2028.
Transcriptomics is the analysis of the ribonucleic acid (RNA) transcripts produced by the genotype of any organism at a specific time, condition, or cell. It links the genome, the proteome, and the cellular phenotype. Transcriptomics encompasses everything relating to RNAs, including their transcription and expression levels, functions, locations, trafficking, and degradation. Transcriptomics utilizes microarray analysis, real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (Q-PCR), and sequencing technologies to determine the transcriptional structure of genes. It also assists researchers in characterizing transcriptional activity, focuses on a subset of relevant target genes and transcripts, and identifies genes and pathways that respond to and counteract biotic and abiotic environmental stresses.
Transcriptomics Market Trends:
- The increasing demand for personalized medicine across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Transcriptomics is widely used due to the rising number of PCR applications and the improvements in the field, such as the widespread usage of RNA sequencing. In line with this, the rising demand for RNA sequencing in research applications to obtain genetic information is also favoring the market growth. RNA sequencing has completely transformed transcriptome analysis, enabling the quantification of gene expression levels in a single study and the affinity of new genes, splice isoforms, fusion transcripts, and extraordinary research into the world of non-coding RNA. Apart from this, key players are constantly focusing on developing novel instruments and techniques in diseases and diagnosis, which, in turn, is augmenting the market growth. Additionally, the launch of an advanced gene profiling product with whole transcriptome sequencing (WTS) that can provide detailed RNA sequencing analysis is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, increasing demand for transcriptomics due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 disease, and the implementation of various government initiatives and funding for omics are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global transcriptomics market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, technology, application and end user.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Technology:
- Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (Q-PCR)
- Sequencing Technologies
Breakup by Application:
- Diagnostics and Disease Profiling
- Drug Discovery
Breakup by End User:
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, BGI Group, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Biospyder Technologies Inc., Illumina Inc., Nanostring Technologies Inc., Qiagen, Roche Holding AG, Takara Bio Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global transcriptomics market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global transcriptomics market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global transcriptomics market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global transcriptomics market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global transcriptomics market based on type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global transcriptomics market based on the technology?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global transcriptomics market based on the application?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global transcriptomics market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global transcriptomics market?