The global ceramic tiles market size reached US$ 80.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 113.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.84% during 2023-2028.
Ceramic tiles are thin slabs predominantly made of naturally occurring minerals like clay, silica sand, feldspar and dolomite. As compared to their counterparts, these tiles are durable, provide substantial resistance to high temperature and can withstand exposure to caustic or acidic chemicals. Due to their aesthetic appearance and availability in various designs, textures, colors, shapes and sizes, these tiles have emerged as an alternative to hardwood and other flooring products like marble, concrete, etc. Owing to these attributes, along with their lightweight, anti-skid and anti-bacterial properties, these tiles are preferred for use in hospitals, hotels, laboratories and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities where hygiene is of prime importance.
Global Ceramic Tiles Market Drivers:
- Ceramic tiles are available in different glaze options and styles, which range from traditional to western. With consumers seeking stylish and less expensive flooring options, their demand has significantly increased over the past few years.
- As they are mostly composed of naturally occurring minerals, the manufacturing of these tiles is an environment-friendly process. However, recent technological advancements have enabled manufacturers to further reduce carbon emissions and other harmful gases during the production process.
- The arrival of new methods, such as the incorporation of spray drying of clays, pressing and firing of tiles, etc., and specialized equipment for selection, manipulation and control, have enabled manufacturers to produce and supply ceramic tiles in different shapes, sizes and textures.
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization, and inflating per capita income, especially in emerging economies, such as China, India, Brazil and Russia, have resulted in increased construction activities in residential, commercial and industrial sectors, thereby, escalating the demand for high-quality flooring products.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global ceramic tiles market report, along with forecasts at the global and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Floor Tiles
- Wall Tiles
- Currently, floor tiles dominate the market, accounting for more than half of the total share. These tiles find application in the residential and institutional sectors on account of their low cost, ease-of-use, and availability in varied shapes and sizes.
Breakup by Application:
- According to the global ceramic tiles market research report, the commercial sector represents the leading segment in the market.
- At present, China represents the biggest producer, consumer and exporter of these tiles in the global market. This can be attributed to the easy availability of raw materials and low labor costs in the region.
The market is fragmented with the presence of a large number of unorganized manufacturers. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Mohawk Industries Inc.
- Siam Cement Group Public Company Limited
- Grupo Lamosa
- RAK Ceramics P.J.S.C
- Ceramica Carmelo For Ltda
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global ceramic tiles market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global ceramic tiles market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global ceramic tiles market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global ceramic tiles market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global ceramic tiles market based on the type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global ceramic tiles market based on the application?
- 7. What are the key regions in the global ceramic tiles market?
- 8. Who are the key players/companies in the global ceramic tiles market?