The global corn starch market size reached 84.2 Million Tons in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 98.2 Million Tons by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.65% during 2023-2028.
Corn starch is a white, tasteless and odorless powder extracted from the white endosperm present in the middle of a corn kernel. It is gluten-free and considered an excellent alternative to flour thickeners in marinade, stew, sauce, gravy, glaze and soup recipes. It is widely utilized in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to coat fruits in pies, tarts and other desserts to add texture. It also finds applications in coating paper, producing boxboard and insulating material board. Other than this, it is employed in the pharmaceutical industry as a disintegrant and binder in tablets, emulsions and ointments.
Corn Starch Market Trends:
- A significant rise in the utilization of corn starch as a thickening agent in various cuisines, along with the escalating demand for processed food products, represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. It is also utilized as an anti-caking agent wherein a thin layer of cornstarch is dusted to prevent shredded cheese from clumping in the package. Furthermore, it finds extensive applications in the textile industry to provide stiffness and add weight to clothes. It is also applied as an absorbent in several cosmetic products around the world. Apart from this, compostable and thermal insulation made using cornstarch-based foam is considered ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive products. Apart from this, with rising environmental concerns, bioplastics derived from corn starch are gaining traction over fossil fuel plastics. This, in confluence with the rising demand for oral pharmaceutical products on account of the growing prevalence of diseases and increasing access to healthcare facilities, is anticipated to drive the market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global corn starch market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on category and application.
Breakup by Category:
- Native Starch
- Modified Starch
- Sweeteners currently hold the majority of the total market share.
Breakup by Application:
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals
- Paper & Corrugates
- The Food and Beverages (F&B) sector accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- United States
- European Union
- The United States enjoys the leading position in the market.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are:
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Roquette Freres S.A
- Tate & Lyle PLC
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What is the size of the global corn starch market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global corn starch market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global corn starch market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global corn starch market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global corn starch market based on the category?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global corn starch market based on the application?
- 7. What are the key regions in the global corn starch market?
- 8. Who are the key players/companies in the global corn starch market?