The global beer market size reached US$ 660.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 747.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% during 2023-2028.
Beer is a fermented alcoholic beverage produced from malted grain, water and yeast and flavored with hops to impart a bitter flavor. Its moderate consumption can offer several health benefits, including improving heart health, controlling blood sugar levels, enhancing bone and muscle strength and minimizing the risk of developing dementia, cancer and heart attack. As it is a rich source of antioxidants, beer aids in maintaining cholesterol levels, boosting memory, and preventing kidney stones. It is widely consumed on special occasions, events and parties and served in restaurants, hotels, micro-breweries, Pubs, bars and cafes. At present, manufacturers are relying on kegerators to increase the shelf life and retain the flavor, aroma, color, and texture of the stored beer.
Beer Market Trends:
- Increasing preferences for premium alcoholic beverages on account of the emerging trend of socializing and parties, especially among millennials, working professionals, and young adults, represent one of the major factors positively influencing the demand for beer worldwide. In addition, the rising adoption of beer as a cocktail ingredient in distilleries is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the emerging trend of gifting beer in customized bottles and is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, key players are introducing flavored beer in novel variants like botanical and fruits via e-commerce channels. This, in confluence with the rising purchase of beer through online distribution channels as they offer easy product availability with vast catalogs and fast shipping facilities, is providing a positive thrust to the market. Furthermore, extensive promotional activities and celebrity endorsements by product manufacturers on social media platforms are anticipated to positively influence the sales of beer in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global beer market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, packaging, production, alcohol content, flavor and distribution channel.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Standard Lager
- Premium Lager
- Specialty Beer
- Standard lager dominates the market as it contains low-calorie than product other types.
Breakup by Packaging:
- PET Bottle
- Metal Can
- Glass accounts for the largest market share as it is one of the commonly used conventional materials for the packaging of beer.
Breakup by Production:
- At present, macro-breweries dominate the market as they can produce and distribute beer in large quantities.
Breakup by Alcohol Content:
- The high alcohol content in beers is presently dominating the market, which can be attributed to a better taste and raw material quality.
Breakup by Flavor:
- At present, flavored beer leads the market as it is available in a variety of tastes.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- The majority of the beer is distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets on account of the wide array of product variants offered.
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The Asia Pacific holds the majority of the market share due to the emerging trend of socializing and work parties.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd., ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV SA/NV, Beijing Yanjing Beer Group Corporation, Carlsberg Group, Diageo plc, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Inc., HEINEKEN N.V., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Grupo Modelo, United Breweries Limited (UBL), Oettinger Brauerei GmbH, Kirin Holdings Company Limited, Molson Coors Beverage Company, and Tetra Laval Group.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global beer market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global beer market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global beer market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global beer market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the product type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the packaging?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the production?
- 8. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the alcohol content?
- 9. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the flavor?
- 10. What is the breakup of the global beer market based on the distribution channel?
- 11. What are the key regions in the global beer market?
- 12. Who are the key players/companies in the global beer market?