The global breast lesion localization methods market size reached US$ 1,102.8 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,018.5 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% during 2023-2028.
Breast lesion localization methods refer to various procedures employed to detect abnormal changes in the breast tissue, also called a breast lesion, caused due to a disease or injury. Some commonly used methods include wire localization, carbon marking, radio-guided occult lesion localization (ROLL), radioactive seed localization (RSL), magnetic seed localization (Magseed), and intraoperative ultrasound (IOUS). These techniques assist doctors and healthcare professionals in making informed decisions and determining the ideal treatment or surgery for the patient. With advancements in surgical, imaging and biomedical technology, breast lesion localization methods have significantly evolved, which is presently driving their demand in the healthcare sector.
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Trends:
- A significant increase in breast cancer cases due to changing lifestyles, and unhealthy diets represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the growing number of patients requiring lumpectomy and surgical biopsy procedures is augmenting the demand for breast lesion localization methods to ensure accurate removal of the target lesion. Additionally, the governing agencies of various countries are taking favorable initiatives to spread awareness regarding the benefits of early detection of breast cancer. For instance, the Government of Australia launched BreastScreen Australia, a national breast cancer screening program that provides a free mammogram to women aged 50-74 every two years. This, in confluence with the increasing number of government and private reimbursement policies for breast cancer diagnosis, biopsy and other related medical procedures and the launch of innovative breast lesion localization devices by leading players, is catalyzing the market growth. Furthermore, heavy investments in research and development (R&D) activities are offering lucrative opportunities to the market players. Other factors, including the rising number of individuals undergoing cosmetic surgeries like breast enhancement, improving healthcare infrastructure, technological advancements, and increasing consumer healthcare spending, are also creating a positive market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global breast lesion localization methods market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, usage and end user.
Breakup by Type:
- Wire Localization
- Radioisotope Localization
- Magnetic Tracers Localization
Breakup by Usage:
- Tumor Identification
- Sentinel Lymph Node Identification
Breakup by End User:
- Diagnostic Centres
- Oncology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Argon Medical Devices Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Cook Group Incorporated, CP Medical Inc. (Theragenics Corporation), Endomagnetics Ltd., Hologic Inc., IsoAid LLC, IZI Medical Products (Landauer Inc), Laurane Medical LLC, Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH (Danaher Corporation), Merit Medical Systems Inc. and Sterylab S.r.l.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global breast lesion localization methods market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global breast lesion localization methods market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global breast lesion localization methods market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global breast lesion localization methods market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global breast lesion localization methods market based on type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global breast lesion localization methods market based on the usage?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global breast lesion localization methods market based on the end user?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global breast lesion localization methods market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global breast lesion localization methods market?