The global decorative coatings market size reached US$ 67.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 87.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% during 2023-2028.
Decorative coatings are used on the interior and exterior surfaces of different structures to enhance their aesthetics and protect them against moisture, ultraviolet (UV) radiations, corrosion, blistering, chalking, fading, and peeling. They have anti-slip, anti-graffiti, anti-microbial, urine repellant, and scratch and fire-resistant properties. Besides this, as they offer bright colors to metal and plastic substrates and assist in light absorption and insulation, decorative coatings are utilized in the commercial, industrial, and residential sectors around the world.
Decorative Coatings Market Trends:
- Rapid infrastructural development across the globe represents one of the key factors stimulating the growth of the market. Moreover, leading players operating in the industry are focusing on product innovations to offer a better customer experience. They are also engaging in partnerships and collaborations to increase their brand presence. Apart from this, decorative coatings find extensive applications in mobile phones, computers, cameras, watches, door handles, eyewear, furniture, automotive parts, and bathroom equipment. They are also utilized in transparent glass-ceramic cookers and packaging materials that are employed in the food and beverage (F&B) industry. In addition, water-based decorative coating additives aid in color tinting or enhancing the luster of textiles with fabric dyes and preventing oxidation of metal substrates using rust inhibitors. Moreover, there is a considerable rise in the number of people using adornment made from plastics or paper machetes on account of the increasing costs of gold and other precious metals. This, along with the rising demand for eco-friendly decorative coatings, is driving the market. Furthermore, increasing renovations and refurbishments of homes and offices, coupled with the increasing trend of do-it-yourself (DIY) among individuals, are impelling the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global decorative coatings market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, product, resin type, coating type and application.
Breakup by Technology:
- Waterborne Coatings
- Solvent-borne Coatings
- Powder Coatings
Breakup by Product:
Breakup by Resin Type:
Breakup by Coating Type:
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema S.A, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Asian Paints Limited, Axalta Coating Systems Ltd., BASF SE, Berger Paints India Limited, Clariant AG, Eastman Chemical Company, Kansai Paint Co. Ltd., KCC Corporation, Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., RPM International Inc. and The Sherwin-Williams Company.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global decorative coatings market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global decorative coatings market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resin type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the coating type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global decorative coatings market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?