The global autonomous last mile delivery market size reached US$ 15.2 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 47.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 21.2% during 2023-2028.
Autonomous last mile delivery refers to the last phase of courier and parcel, wherein various computerized aerial and ground vehicles are used for supplying products and services at doorstep of the customer. It aids in ensuring smooth, last-mile delivery within the stipulated time without hampering the market image of the company, while eliminating human intervention, planning logistics, and monitoring the movement of goods from transport hub to destination. On account of these properties, autonomous last mile delivery is extensively used in parcel tracking, warehouses and distribution channels. At present, it is commercially categorized into varying ranges, solutions, and vehicle types, including aerial delivery drones, ground bots, and self-driving trucks and vans.
Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market Trends:
- The widespread adoption of autonomous last mile delivery solutions across various industrial verticals can be attributed to the increasing need for efficient delivery solutions to ensure a faster supply of products amongst consumers. This represents the key factor primarily driving the market growth. Additionally, the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and the consequent implementation of mandatory lockdowns across the globe have prompted the widespread utilization of online shopping platforms for shipping of daily necessities. This, in turn, is facilitating the extensive uptake of various autonomous last mile delivery solutions for delivering goods at doorsteps, while mitigating face-to-face contact amongst individuals during the pandemic, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, significant technological advancements, such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) platforms with robots and drones to perform smart tracking, optimize the route, enable around clock delivery, enable smooth delivery in challenging geographies, and promote fuel efficiencies are contributing to the market. Other factors, such as significant expansion in the e-commerce industry and strategic collaborations amongst key players to introduce advanced delivery solutions to meet the rising consumer demand for fast delivery of packages and the changing dynamics of urban commercial deliveries, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global autonomous last mile delivery market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on platform, solution, range and application.
Breakup by Platform:
- Aerial Delivery Drones
- Cargo Drone
- Delivery Drone
- Ground Delivery Vehicles
- Delivery Robots
- Autonomous and Self-Driving Vans and Trucks
Breakup by Solution:
Breakup by Range:
- Short Range (< 20 Km)
- Long Range (> 20 Km)
Breakup by Application:
- Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
- Food and Beverage
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Amazon.com Inc., Continental AG, DHL (Deutsche Post AG), DPDgroup (La Poste), Drone Delivery Canada, Flytrex Inc., Matternet, Relay Robotics Inc., Robby Technologies Inc., SkyDrop, ST Engineering Aethon Inc., Starship Technologies and Udelv Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global autonomous last mile delivery market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global autonomous last mile delivery market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the platform?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the solution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the range?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global autonomous last mile delivery market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?