The North America pretzel market size reached US$ 1.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% during 2023-2028.
Pretzel refers to crisp, dough-based, and dry biscuits that are made in a twisted-knot shape. Some of the commonly used ingredients include cassava flour, yeast, cane sugar syrup, salt, canola oil, corn starch, cauliflower, etc. Pretzels are mainly available in salt and unsalted variants. Different types of pretzels include soft pretzels, which are eaten shortly after preparation, and hard-baked pretzels that are smaller and crispier and could be consumed up to several months after manufacturing. They act as a rich source of iron, niacin, and folate, which offer numerous health benefits in improving digestion, boosting metabolism, reducing cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases, etc.
North America Pretzel Market Trends:
- The rising popularity of ready-to-eat and convenient snacks, particularly among the millennial and working population, is primarily driving the pretzel market in North America. Moreover, the wide product availability across numerous food service establishments and retail stores is further bolstering the sales of pretzel in the region. Additionally, the launch of pretzels in various innovative flavors ranging from butter and honey mustard to barbecue, parmesan, and garlic, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, with the rising number of health-conscious consumers, several product manufacturers are introducing all-natural, cholesterol-, gluten-, and trans-fat-free pretzels fortified with essential vitamins and minerals. These manufacturers are also expanding their product portfolios by adding pretzels in different shapes and sizes, such as pretzel sticks, sandwiches, poppers, minis, etc. Furthermore, frozen pretzels and frozen pretzel dough, which do not require any preparation, are gaining traction among consumers with hectic lifestyles, thereby positively influencing the regional market. Besides this, the emergence of unique packaging solutions with resealable lids that help in preserving the freshness, enabling easy storage, and extending the product shelf life is expected to drive the North America pretzel market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America pretzel market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on content, type, packaging type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Content:
- Salted Pretzels
- Unsalted Pretzels
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Packaging Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Store
- Specialist Retailers
- Online Retailers
Breakup by Country:
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Conagra Brands, Inc, Dot's Pretzels (The Hershey Company), Frito-Lay North America, Inc (Pepsi Co), Herr Foods Inc., J&J Snack Foods Co., Mars Incorporated, Mr. Pretzels, Old Dutch Foods, Inc., Soft Pretzel Franchise Systems Inc., Snyder's-Lance, Inc. (Campbell Soup Company), Unique Snacks and Utz Brands, Inc.
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- 1. What was the size of the North America pretzel market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the North America pretzel market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America pretzel market?
- 4. What are the key factors driving the North America pretzel market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the North America pretzel market based on the content?
- 6. What is the breakup of the North America pretzel market based on the type?
- 7. What is the breakup of the North America pretzel market based on the packaging type?
- 8. What is the breakup of the North America pretzel market based on the distribution channel?
- 9. What are the key regions in the North America pretzel market?
- 10. Who are the key players/companies in the North America pretzel market?