The global moist wound dressings market size reached US$ 4.77 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.46 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.05% during 2023-2028. The increasing prevalence of chronic conditions, launch of innovative product variants, and the rising number of home healthcare facilities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Moist wound dressings are used to absorb fluid, limit exposure to infections, and enhance angiogenesis and collagen synthesis together with the increased breakdown of dead tissue and fibrin. These dressings are also utilized to remove drainage and dead tissue from lesions and promote faster healing. They are commonly available in collagen, films, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, and alginates. Amongst these, collagen moist wound dressings provide tensile strength to the skin, attract cells like fibroblasts and keratinocyte and natural scaffold and substrate for new tissue growth, and encourage debridement, angiogenesis and re-epithelialization. At present, moist wound dressings are gaining traction in the healthcare sector across the globe to treat acute and chronic wounds.
Moist Wound Dressings Market Trends:
- There is currently a considerable increase in the prevalence of chronic conditions, such as obesity and diabetes. This, coupled with the rising global geriatric population, which is more susceptible to medical disorders, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for moist wound dressings around the world. Moreover, there is a surge in the occurrence of pressure ulcers on account of skin fragility and thinning of the cell layers, and decreased cell growth. This, along with the increasing incidences of diabetic foot ulcers, is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the growing number of surgical procedures and rising concerns about post-operative surgical wounds are catalyzing the demand for moist wound dressing to prevent surgical site infections (SSI) and promote faster wound healing. In addition, the rising number of fatal road accidents is catalyzing the demand for moist wound dressings worldwide. Apart from this, there is a rise in awareness among individuals about the benefits and effectiveness of moist wound dressings. Furthermore, leading players operating worldwide are investing in the launch of new and innovative moist wound dressing variants that are based on synthetic polymers and classified as passive, interactive, and bioactive products to expand their portfolio and gain a competitive edge. Additionally, the emerging trend of home healthcare facilities and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure is anticipated to strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global moist wound dressings market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application, and end user.
- Foam Dressings
- Hydrocolloid Dressings
- Film Dressings
- Alginate Dressings
- Hydrogel Dressings
- Collagen Dressings
- The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the moist wound dressings market based on the product. This includes foam dressings, hydrocolloid dressings, film dressings, alginate dressings, hydrogel dressings, collagen dressings, and others. According to the report, foam dressings represented the largest segment.
- Acute Wounds
- Surgical and Traumatic Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- A detailed breakup and analysis of the moist wound dressings market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes acute wounds (surgical and traumatic wounds and burns) and chronic wounds (diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, and others). According to the report, chronic wounds accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Specialty Clinics
- The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the moist wound dressings market based on the end user. This includes hospitals, specialty clinics, homecare, and others. According to the report, hospitals represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for moist wound dressings. Some of the factors driving the North America moist wound dressings market included the increasing number of diabetic patients, the growing number of surgical procedures, launch of new products, etc.
- The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global moist wound dressings market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, B. Braun Medical Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., Coloplast A/S, Convatec Inc., Hartmann AG, Hollister Incorporated, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medline Industries Inc., Molnlycke Health Care AB, Scapa Group Limited, and Smith & Nephew Plc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global moist wound dressings market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global moist wound dressings market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive moist wound dressings markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global moist wound dressings market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global moist wound dressings market?