The global paper cups market reached a volume of 244.7 Billion Units in 2020. Paper cups are a type of disposable cups used for consuming food and beverages such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, and soups. These cups are coated with polyethylene, the most common plastic resin, which helps to increase their durability and performance by preventing the condensed moisture from soaking in and retaining flavour. With their hectic lifestyles and busy schedules, consumers nowadays utilize paper cups to save time and effort as these cups do not require cleaning and can be easily discarded after use. The demand for paper cups has also been influenced by the rising trend of takeaway services and ready-to-eat food across the globe.
Global Paper Cups Market Drivers/Constraints:
- The environmental damage caused by plastic cups has led various organizations to encourage the utilization of paper cups due to their eco-friendly nature, which has created a positive impact on the global paper cups market. Moreover, on account of increasing awareness about cleanliness and hygiene, consumers consider disposable paper cups to be safer than reusable cups, as they are exposed to high heat during the manufacturing process which kills bacteria and renders the product practically sterile. However, the availability of cheaper substitutes, such as plastic, Styrofoam and glass cups, pose a major threat to the sales of paper cups across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global paper cups market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global paper cups market report, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country-level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, cup type, wall type, application, end-users, and distribution channel.
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the global paper cups market owing to the increasing health consciousness among consumers which has created a huge demand for paper cups in hospitals, schools and railway stations.
Breakup by Cup Type:
- Hot Paper Cups
- Cold Paper Cups
- Amongst these, paper cups for hot beverages represent the most popular product type, owing to the continuous rise in the on-the-go consumption of tea and coffee.
Breakup by Wall Type:
- Single Wall
- Double Wall
- Triple Wall
- Currently, single-wall paper cups dominate the market, accounting for the majority of the market share.
Breakup by Application:
- Tea and Coffee
- Chilled Food and Beverages
- Currently, tea and coffee segment represents the largest application segment. Paper cups are widely utilized to dispense tea and coffee in various cafes and shops as well as in institutional and commercial spaces.
Breakup by End User:
- Coffee and Tea Shops
- QSR and Other Fast Food Shops
- Offices and Educational Institutions
- Residential Use
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Institutional Sales
- Retail Sales
- Currently, institutional sales represent the largest distribution channel.
The global paper cups industry is highly fragmented with the presence of several small and large manufacturers competing in terms of price and quality. Some of the leading paper cup manufacturers are:
- Benders Paper Cups
- International Paper
- Dart Container
- This report provides a deep insight into the global paper cups market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the global paper cups industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the global paper cups market size in 2020?
- 2. What will be the paper cups market outlook during the forecast period (2021-2026)?
- 3. What are the key industry trends of the global paper cups market?
- 4. What are the global paper cups market drivers?
- 5. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global paper cups market?
- 6. What is the global paper cups market breakup by cup type?
- 7. What is the global paper cups market breakup by wall type?
- 8. What is the global paper cups market breakup by application?
- 9. What is the global paper cups market breakup by end user?
- 10. What is the global paper cups market breakup by distribution channel?
- 11. What are the major regions in the global paper cups market?
- 12. Who are the leading paper cups manufacturers?