Juniper Research's latest ‘POS Software’ research provides an extensive, independent assessment of the software segment in the POS market; offering comprehensive market projections and insightful trend analysis.
The research provides a valuable overview of POS infrastructure and a detailed assessment of the key markets for POS. It also covers software business management integration, software models and provides analysis of POS software in the retail and restaurant markets. The research also positions POS software vendors, making this an essential resource for key industry stakeholders.
The research includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5-Year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Market Analysis: Provides an extensive evaluation of the POS software ecosystem; analysing the current market status across 2 key segments:
- POS Infrastructure Analysis: An assessment of the POS market across key countries and regions, identifying areas where POS is suitable for software innovation.
- Juniper Research Player Positioning Index & Player Commentary: 11 leading POS software vendors compared, scored and positioned on the Juniper Research Positioning Index:
- Revel Systems
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Provided for POS software installed base, usage and annual spend forecasts.
- 1. What business segments are the biggest users of POS software?
- 2. How has POS software changed and adapted to market demands?
- 3. Who are the key software vendors disrupting the POS market?
- 4. How will POS software vendors build use cases for smaller businesses?
- 5. What are the growth prospects for POS software over the next 5 years?
- Interviewed: Clover, Linga, Revel Systems.
- Included in Juniper Research Player Positioning Index: Erply, iVend Retail, Lightspeed POS, Linga, Nobly, Revel Systems, Sapaad, Shopkeep, Toast, TouchBistro, Vend.
- Mentioned: Alipay, Amazon, Apple, Asics, Australian Retailer Association, Barclaycard, BIRA (the British Independent Retailers Association), BIS (Bank for International Settlements), Bundesbank, Central Bank of Nigeria, China Investment Global Tracker, Citixsys, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Comverge, Deliveroo, Deputy, Deutsche Bank, eHopper, Epson, European Central Bank, Exact, First Data, Goldman Sachs, Goodwill Industries, Google, Havaianas, IBM, iKentoo, iZettle, JP Morgan Chase, Just Eat, Kazyon, Kounta, Magento, Mail Chimp, MarketMan, Mastercard, Microsoft, MTN Telecom, NRF (National Retail Federation), OMG (Object Management Group), Oracle, PagSeguro, PAX, Paymentsense, PayPal, People's Bank of China, Perkville, PrestaShop, Pymnts, QuickBooks, Reserve Bank of India, Retail Now, ReUp, Sage, Samsonite, Samsung, SAP, SARB (South African Reserve Bank), Seedcamp, Ship Station, Shogo, Shopify, Square, Star, Stone, SumUp, The Body Shop, The Vitamin Shoppe, Tokyo Centre for Economic Research, Toshiba, TYSYS, Uber, Verifone, Virgin Mobile, Visa, Vodafone, WalMart, WeChat, Westpac, Windcave, Worldline, Worldpay, Xero, Yum! Brands.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper Research's ‘POS Software’ forecast suite includes:
- Country-level data splits for:
- Plus 8 key global regions
- Forecasts for number of terminals in use, transaction volume and value, broken down by:
- Total retail businesses
- Total restaurant businesses
- Cloud-based POS software installed base
- Annual spend on POS software
- Interactive Scenario tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper Research's data for three different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 15 tables and over 1,900 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper Research's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.