The future of the zinc market looks promising with opportunities in the construction and infrastructure, transportation, consumer goods, and industrial machinery sectors. The zinc market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $17.3 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 2% to 4% from 2020 to 2025. the major drivers for this market are increasing demand for galvanized steel and infrastructure development in emerging markets like India, Brazil, and Indonesia. Furthermore, growing demand from niche applications like smartphones, electric vehicles, mild hybrid engines, and power grid storage will drive the zinc market.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include increasing use of hot-dip galvanizing in automotive for advance high strength steels (ahss) with exceptional surface quality, increase in use of zinc-air batteries in electric vehicles, and use of zinc in medicine for treatment of depression and psychosis. glencore international, nyrstar, hindustan zinc, korea zinc, boliden group, china minmetal, nexa resources, shanxi non-ferrous, teck, penoles, and noranda are among the major suppliers of zinc.
A total of 167 figures / charts and 135 tables are provided in this 251 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of zinc market report download the report brochure.
Zinc opportunities have evolved through number of stages as presented in figure below:
Evolution of Zinc Opportunities
In this market, construction and infrastructure is the largest market by end use, whereas galvanizing is largest in application. Growth in various segments of the zinc market are given below:
Zinc Market by Segments
The study includes the zinc market size and forecast for the zinc market through 2025, segmented by end use industry, application, process, sources, and the region as follows:
Zinc Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Consumer Goods
- Industrial Machinery
- Other End Use Industry
Zinc Market by Application [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Zinc Base Alloy
- Brass & Bronze
- Zinc Compound
- Zinc Semis
- Other Applications
Zinc Market by Process [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Pyro metallurgical
Zinc Market by Sources [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
Zinc Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2014 to 2025]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the zinc companies profiled in this report include Glencore International AG, Nyrstar N.V., Hindustan Zinc ltd., Korea Zinc Co., ltd., Boliden Group, China Minmetals Corp. ltd.
- Lucintel forecasts that galvanizing steel will remain the largest segment and it is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to growing demand of galvanized steel in construction, automobile, and other industrial sectors.
- Within the zinc market, construction and infrastructure will remain the largest end use industry over the forecast period due to increasing urbanization, industrialization, building, and construction activities in china, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and other developing nations.
- Lucintel predicts that the transportation segment will witness the highest growth over the forecast period supported by rising demand for galvanized steel in light weight vehicles.
- Asia Pacific will remain the largest region and it is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period supported by increasing urbanization, industrialization, and building and construction activities in this region, especially in China and India.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: Zinc market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by end use and use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Zinc market size by end use industry, application, process, and sources in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: zinc market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of zinc in the zinc market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of zinc in the zinc market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the zinc market end use (construction and infrastructure, transportation, consumer goods, industrial machinery, and others), application (galvanizing, zinc base alloy, brass and bronze, zinc compounds, zinc semis, and others), process (hydrometallurgical and pyro metallurgical), by source (primary and secondary), by mining location type (underground, open pit type, and combination of both), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 what are the key factors affecting zinc market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the zinc market?
- Q.5 what are the business risks and threats to the zinc market?
- Q.6 what are the emerging trends in this zinc market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 what are some changing demands of customers in the zinc market?
- Q.8 what are the new developments in the zinc market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 who are the major players in this zinc market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 what are some of the competitive products and processes in this zinc area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of zinc market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this zinc market?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 251
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By end use (construction and infrastructure, transportation, consumer goods, industrial machinery, and others), application (galvanizing, zinc base alloy, brass and bronze, zinc compounds, zinc semis, and others), process (hydrometallurgical and pyro metallurgical), by source (primary and secondary), by mining location type (underground, open pit type, and combination of both)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (the UK and Germany), Asia Pacific (Japan and China), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost