The fixed-line communications market is expected to record a CAGR of over 11.32%, during the forecast period (2021-2026). The trend for digitalization has also resulted in the emergence and shift toward the purchase of set-top box (STBs) from cable televisions. This, in turn, allows the customers to enjoy a broader range of services at a relatively lower cost and also enables the providers to offer a better quality of services. The cloud is a virtual platform remote in nature, which is used to store, manage, and retrieve data or resources as and when required by the enterprises. The increase in the data capable devices and web applications has increased the need for scalable cloud technology. Many enterprises are inclined toward the cloud storage to eliminate investments required for the storage hardware and physical infrastructure.
- The demand for faster internet services is driving the market studied. Fixed-line communications are highly relevant in small enterprises, homes, education institutes, and offices. Fixed-line telephone players are witnessing a boom in data service revenues, and are trying to provide 'triple play', a combination of play-broadband internet, video, and voice, over an IP network, to consumers.
- Increasing demand for data centers is trending the market with the advent of IoT, Big Data analytics, and cloud-based services. Network equipment plays a significant roles in the operations of data centers. Additionally, there is an increasing demand for data centers, from government agencies, large enterprises, and telecommunication organizations, which is driving the market studied.
- Nevertheless, lack of training and development of technicians is a challenge for the growth of the market studied.
Key Market Trends
Growth of Fiber Optic Cable is Expected to Stimulate the Market Growth
- Fiber-based fixed broadband services remain to be the most adopted internet services by households and businesses. In the leading markets, most of the fixed-line network has been replaced by the fiber-optic cables to benefit from the optical fiber's far better performance than twisted-copper networks.
- The proliferation of the internet and the subsequent roll-out of services, such as video-on-demand, led to increased bandwidth demand, which fueled the adoption of fiber optics, a more enhanced medium of communication.
- Fixed-broadband deployment subscription continues to grow yearly, with growing importance on fiber infrastructure. The residential sector is one of the largest consumers of fixed-line services. A large and ever-increasing number of users connect to the internet via residential broadband networks.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Dominate the Fixed-line Communications Market
- Asia-Pacific is witnessing an increase in the construction of data centers. The increasing adoption of data centers in the region is boosting the demand for router products. Thus, this has a positive impact on the fixed-line communications market.
- The adoption of the router is expanding, due to the broadband penetrations, such as mobile-based internet access, network-based businesses, competitive business environments, and cloud-based service adoption, which may positively impact the market studied.
- In recent years, according to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), China accounts for the largest broadband subscriber base in the world and accounts for about 80% of all fixed-broadband subscriptions, at speeds over 10 Mbps. In China, government has taken the initiatives to focus on high-definition pictures, through the conversion of normal channels to HD channels. This has led to the growth of the set-top box market in the region.
The fixed-line communications market is highly fragmented, as the competition is expected to remain intense, with highly penetrated markets. Fixed-line is likely to outperform mobile operations, as a result of lower churn rate and price competition. Key players in the market studied are Arris International PLC, Broadcom Inc., Arista Networks Inc., etc. Recent developments in the market studied are -
- May 2019 - Arista Networks announced the launch of new Arista 7800R family for demanding 400G cloud networks and the next generation of the Arista 7500R, 7280R Series. The new platforms support 100G and 400G Ethernet with compelling throughput, density, and price-performance, and offer new telemetry and intelligence embedded into the network of service provider, edge, 5G, and IoT solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support