The market for industrial water treatment chemicals is anticipated to register a CAGR over 6% during the forecast period. Factors, such as growing production activities in the chemical and paper industry, are driving the industrial water treatment chemicals market.
- Increasing production of shale gas in the United States and growing production activities in chemical and paper industry are expected to drive the demand for the industrial water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
- The increasing need for recycling of wastewater for reuse is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Key Market Trends
Power Industry to Dominate the Market
- Most power generation plants require water for their day-to-day operations. Typically, nuclear and fossil fuel power plants consume nearly 190 billion gallons of water per day. Similarly, geothermal power plants need 2 billion or so gallons a day for operations. Hydropower plants use water directly to generate power.
- Overall, the electric power generation industry is one of the biggest consumers of water worldwide. Water in electric power generation industry is used in many ways such as steam production for spinning turbines, humidifying airflow into gas turbines, inter-cooling air in gas-turbine plants, steam injection for NOx control, acting as a heat transfer medium in some nuclear plants, condenser cooling in steam plants, plant maintenance, including blow-down, and hydraulic ash disposal.
- The electric power generation industry is one of the major sources of industrial wastewater. Their wastewater contains significant levels of toxic metal impurities, such as lead, mercury, arsenic, chromium, and cadmium, among others. These impurities can cause significant damage to the environment, if not treated properly. Therefore, the electric power generation industry needs water treatment chemicals.
- All the aforementioned factors support the consumption of industrial water treatment chemicals.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global industrial water treatment chemicals market share.
- China is an emerging economy and is the largest in terms of purchasing power parity and the second-largest economy in terms of nominal GDP in the world.
- The government of the country is promoting economic growth, urbanization, which, in turn, will increase the demand for improvement in wastewater infrastructure leading to an increased usage of water treatment chemicals
- The major end-user is the municipal, chemical plants, food & beverages, oil & gas, power generation industry, etc. in the country. Moreover, most of the country's population relies on groundwater sources for drinking water, which are either untreated mostly in rural areas or not properly treated by municipal water suppliers. Therefore, the need for water treatment chemicals increases. Water treatment chemicals are highly used in boiler water treatment, cooling water treatment in different industries across the country.
- Therefore, the water treatment chemicals market has a high growth potential over the forecast period.
The industrial water treatment chemicals market is fragmented in nature. Key players in the industrial water treatment chemicals market include SUEZ, Kemira, Ashland, SNF Group, Solenis, and DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support