The architectural services market is expected to reach a CAGR of 4.5%, during the period of 2020-2025. Technology's role in architecture is omnipresent, and it is set to increase as the digital age continues to evolve. One of the most remarkable digital advancements of the last few years has been that of VR and AR, which is set to play a significant role in building design. More and more architecture firms are holding advantage of what VR (virtual reality) can offer clients by way of communicating ideas and concepts.
- Increasing demand for green building is driving the market, as sustainable construction provides important benefits and business opportunities. Moreover, the return on investment can be improved by up to 19% and the occupancy when renting can increase by more than 3%. Also there can be important savings in operating costs. The demand for basic bioclimatic design and conceptual engineering building construction are increasing the growth of the market.
- Adoption of 3d printing is driving the market. 3D printing for architecture is a growing application of additive manufacturing. 3D printing brings the most direct way from on-screen visualization to touch and feeling representation. The technology is rapidly spreading, and the costs are decreasing. With up to 75% of savings and turnaround time of hours and days, it is becoming the new medium to present a project. Recently, construction technologies start-up ICON and housing organization New Story introduced their version of a 3D printed house, which was designed in under 24 hours for less than USD10,000. Meanwhile in Dubai, the Office of the future is said to be the first 3D printed office in the world.
- The architecture industry professional must acquire new skills and knowledge to ensure efficient business performance and management (with use of geographic information systems (GIS), remote sense, Building information modelling (BIM), Big data solutions) and to effectively manage new market conditions (client's demands). Due to low availability resources of these skills, the market growth is restraining.
Scope of the Report
Due to fast-paced infrastructural development in various developing and developed regions in the globe, there seems to be a constant up-gradation when it comes to building designs and architectural requirements. Growing constructional operations across residential, commercial and at public sector is driving the market efficiently.
Key Market Trends
Residential Holds the Significant Share in The Market
- According to CBRE, real estate markets are buzzing with innovation and the range of completed new buildings steadily increased around the world over the last three years in the industrial, office and multifamily sectors. In the United States, high levels of development activity and impressive market demand will attract the multifamily property market, which will demand the rise of architectural activities.
- United Kingdom has a rich architectural history varying from landmark heritage buildings to striking new contemporary designs. According to UK Construction Online, over the next decade, in the United Kingdom, the population of London alone is predicted to increase by 1 million and approximately 40,320 new homes shall be required per year. It is expected that by 2021, one hundred thousand new homes will be constructed. This effectively will increase the growth of the market.
- Architects in the UK have used collaboration on projects with great success, and many of such collaborative endeavors saw project planning from concept design to 3D modeling and managing information, using BIM (Building Information Modelling) in residential infrastructure design.
- Recently in Oct 2019, Dutch design practice Mecanoo designed a new neighborhood called KAMPUS, which is currently under construction in Manchester. It is located at the former Manchester Metropolitan University campus in the heart of the city. As a range of availability of buildings and spaces is higher, KAMPUS is made to celebrate the vitality and diversity of the city with respect to the historic quality of Canal Street. The buildings are horizontally divided into three distinct elements: a podium with dark profiled metal cladding, a mid-section with rough-textured red brickwork, and a roofscape characterized by Dutch houses also clad in profiled metal.
Asia-Pacific Account for Significant Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific accounts for significant market growth due to the high penetration rate of real estate business and government focus on smart cities in many countries such as Singapore, China, Japan, etc, according to Forbes. According to Mondaq, growing interest from regional and foreign institutional investors is increasing and the growing number of new funds considering APAC assets, signals that prices remain at acceptable levels and the region's markets continue to offer a range of investment opportunities. Asia Pacific-focused private equity funds, recorded an estimated USD 37.8 billion in net inflows in the first 9 months of 2018 in comparison to USD 37.7 billion in 2017. This will rise the demand of architectural services in the region.
- According to IBEF (India Brand Equity Foundation), the real estate sector in India is expected to attain a market size of USD 1 trillion by 2030 from USD 120 billion in 2017 and may contribute 13 percent of the country's GDP by 2025. Retail, hospitality and commercial real estate are also growing significantly, providing the much-needed infrastructure for India's growing needs. This will raise the demand for architectural services in the country.
- As China's urbanization persists at a rapid pace, foreign architects have found their way to the middle kingdom/country. With the western global still recovering from a collapse in real estate prices, the construction has slowed down drastically. For many foreign architects, China has therefore proven to be a welcome opportunity. Here, foreign architects are reputed for quality, creativity and importantly, the use of green technology. As China continues to struggle with pollution, the government is widely exploring ways to move toward a more environmentally sustainable growth model.
The architectural services market is moderately fragmented. Innovative design strategy & development and customized services are expected to be key parameter for being competitive in this market. With various frequent mergers and acquisitions, which is being undertaken as an attempt to diversify product portfolio is increasing and helping to gain market share among players. Key players are IBI Group, Aedas, AECOM, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- Aug 2019 - Nebraska architecture and engineering & architect firm HDR has announced to work on a USD 870 million rail project at the Californian port of Long Beach, which has the second-busiest container terminal in the United States. This development will allow the loading of shipping containers onto rail cars rather than trucks, reducing traffic bottlenecks and eliminating thousands of truck trips.
- March 2019 - Barbara Bestor of Bestor Architecture is seeking to provide customized design services to trust building tenants, where the architect as part of their company will be working with future tenants of the 11-story, 340,000 sq. feet building on interior architecture and design.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support