The market for water and wastewater treatment technology in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 10% during the forecast period. One of the major driving factors of the market is the rapidly diminishing freshwater resources across the world. However, lack of awareness on appropriate usage of water treatment techniques is likely to restrain the market.
- Among the end-user industries, municipal industry accounts for the highest market share and is expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
- Active Research on Water Treatment Technologies in the country is likely to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied in the future.
Key Market Trends
Treatment Equipment to Dominate the Market
- The oil/water separation equipment is widely used in the oil and gas industry to separate oil and water, followed by the processing of oil to produce downstream products. Oil and water treatment industries are the largest segments that require the usage of gravity separators and hydro cyclones.
- Suspended solids' removal is a primary treatment process for wastewater treatment, where suspended solids and floating materials are effectively removed. Effluent is passed through various stages, to remove materials, such as wood pieces, plastic, paper, floating debris, metals, sand, clay, slit, ash, and other organic matter.
- Total dissolved solids (TDS) are the compounds left in the water after normal treatment and filtration. Drinking water contains hazardous chemicals from different water treatment plants. In such a situation, it is essential to use the proper filtration processes to remove the contaminants and make water safe for consumption.
- Biological treatment is an integral part of the wastewater treatment process. It treats the industry and municipality wastewater, which contains soluble organic impurities. This treatment technology uses organisms to breakdown the organic substances in wastewater, which includes the usage of nematodes, bacteria, and other small organisms.
- The high concentration of metals in water can affect plants, animals, and human beings, increasing the risk of skin and lung cancer, and possible effects on the nervous system. Thus, the elimination of these dissolved metals in industrial process water is imperative, before it is released or reused.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, treatment equipment is expected to dominate the market studied.
Municipal Industry to Dominate the Market
- Municipal water and wastewater treatment are required to meet the growing scarcity of water, accompanied by the rapid increase in consumer demand. The major technologies used in the municipal water and wastewater treatment industry include biological treatment, suspended solids removal, and disinfection/oxidation.
- Moreover, municipal wastewater treatment involves a lot of biomass therefore, biological treatment is a major step used for the treatment of bio waste.
- Over the past few years, the urban sewage capacity in the country has grown significantly. This growing capacity is likely to drive the demand for the application of innovative water treatment technology in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, municipal water and wastewater treatment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The India water and wastewater treatment (WWT) technology market is moderately fragmented, with the major players accounting a significantly low share of the market. Key players in the market studied include Suez, Dupont, Evoqua Water Treatment Technologies LLC, Thermax, and Aquatech, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support