Market Research Report
India Mattress Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|India Mattress Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)|
Published: January 17, 2022
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
Content info: 120 Pages
Delivery time: 2-3 business days
Rise in income levels and health consciousness and growth in the real estate and hospitality sectors are major factors that accelerated the growth of the Indian mattress market. A visible shift has been observed in the consumers' perspective, where the main focus is on the comfort and functionality of the product. In line with the changing times, mattress manufacturing companies that include both offline and online retailers, have adopted innovative strategies to ensure customer satisfaction. It is expected to witness several new trends emerging in the mattress industry. The demand for customized and luxury mattresses is expected to increase, whereas companies may come up with new techniques to utilize their resources and technologies better. Mattresses are no longer considered as mere consumer durables, they are an indicator of the quality of life. The growth in the mattress market is largely led by factors, such as increased income levels and infrastructural developments, in terms of the increased number of residential units and hotels in the country. Demand for construction in both residential and institutional is growing in India, with the rising awareness regarding mattress types and brands. Among various sizes available, king size mattresses are the most preferred one, and comfort is the most important factor for their dominance in the market.
The unorganized sector has a major share in the Indian mattress market. This sector includes a street-side shop and the local ginner. Mattresses from this unorganized sector usually use cotton filler, as it is the cheapest of the many options that are now available. However, the organized sector is now growing, with the increasing demand for good quality mattresses among Indian consumers.
Indian consumers even prefer buying from international brands, whenever they think of high-quality and contemporary products. Organized players sell mattresses through two mediums, one is offline and the other is online. The offline mattress market consists of retail sales of mattresses from dealers/distributors or owns franchised stores. On the other hand, the online mattress market consists of sales, which occur through e-commerce. The unorganized sector accounted for 65% market share in 2017.
Growing residential units are creating a demand for mattresses all over the country. Additionally, every new hotel requires hundreds of beds and mattresses, and this particular industry appears to be thriving, owing to growth in the construction, real estate, and tourism and hospitality sectors.
In 2018, the residential consumers accounted for the bulk share, with 80% of the market, while the remaining 20% was shared by institutional customers, which include hotels, hospitals, and educational institutions.
Indian market is fragmented with large number of branded and non-branded players present in the market selling variety of the mattresses with local distribution channels. The report covers major players operating in the Indian mattress market. The Indian mattress market is dominated by the unorganized sector. However, the organized sector is now growing with the rising demand for good quality mattresses among Indian consumers. The Indian mattress market is domestically dominated by players, such as Kurlon, Springfit, and Springwel, among others.