The global offshore support vessels market reached a value of US$ 41.1 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 52.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Offshore support vessels refer to various marine vessels that are used for transporting goods, supplies and equipment during subsea exploration and construction activities. Some of the common types of offshore support vessels include diving support, crane, and pipe laying vessels, seismic survey ships, and platform supply vessels (PSVs). These vessels are primarily used for locating and inspecting oil and gas-bearing areas, towing and positioning rigs/platforms and offering maintenance facilities. They are equipped with powerful small-sized boats that respond to emergencies at offshore installations and also provide various other services, such as transportation, anchor management and platform support.
Global Offshore Support Vessels Market Trends and Drivers:
- Increasing oil and gas exploratory activities is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the rising demand for PSVs across the globe is also providing a boost to the market growth. PSVs are used in the production stage of offshore drilling and for the transportation of cement, casting and drilling pipes and completion fluids. Additionally, various technological advancements in the manufacturing processes of offshore support vessels and the integration of Dynamic Positioning (DP) systems in marine vessels, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Manufacturers are emphasizing on producing computer-controlled vessels that can automatically control their propellers and thrusters to maintain a specific position.
- Other factors, including rapid industrialization and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, along with growing investments in the oil and gas sector across the globe, especially in the emerging economies, are projected to drive the global offshore support vessels market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global offshore support vessels market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, water depth, fuel, service type, and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Anchor Handling Towing Supply Vessel
- Platform Supply Vessel
- Fast Supply Intervention Vessel
- Multi-Purpose Service Vessel
Breakup by Water Depth:
Breakup by Fuel:
Breakup by Service Type:
- Technical Services
- Inspection & Survey
- Crew Management
- Logistics & Cargo Management
- Anchor Handling & Seismic Support
Breakup by Application:
- Oil and Gas Applications
- Offshore Applications
Breakup by Region:
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Bourbon, Grupo CBO, Gulfmark, Havila, Maersk, Seacor Marine, SIEM Offshore, Solstad, Swire, Tayrona Offshore, Tidewater, and Vroon Group.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global offshore support vessels market in 2021?
- 2. What are the key factors driving the global offshore support vessels market?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global offshore support vessels market?
- 4. What is the breakup of the global offshore support vessels market based on the type?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global offshore support vessels market based on the water depth?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global offshore support vessels market based on the fuel?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global offshore support vessels market based on the service type?
- 8. What is the breakup of the global offshore support vessels market based on the application?
- 9. What are the key regions in the global offshore support vessels market?
- 10. Who are the key players/companies in the global offshore support vessels market?