The global flexible display market reached a value of US$ 13.6 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 64.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 28.70% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A flexible display is a visual output surface that folds, bends, and twists without breaking. It is a thin and light-weighted flexi-screen that takes minimal space and offers high durability as it is manufactured from plastic, which possesses better impact resistance than solid glass structures. It is widely used as clothing that changes color or pattern instantly in response to the environment. As a result, it finds extensive applications in smartphones, tablets, smart wearables, television (TV) sets, digital signage systems, personal computers (PCs), laptops, monitors, vehicles, and smart home appliances. Flexible Display Market Trends:
- At present, there is a rise in the utilization of display-based consumer electronic devices across the globe. This, along with the growing demand for connected and automated vehicles, represents one of the key factors driving the market. Moreover, there is an increase in the adoption of digital signage systems with the initiation of the smart city concept around the world. This, coupled with the escalating demand for compact and energy-efficient devices, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to end-users and investors. In addition, the increasing use of the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) due to its simplified design, limited flexibility, and better image quality as compared to conventional light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and liquid crystal displays (LCDs) is positively influencing the market. Besides this, the growing employment of electronic paper displays (EPDs) by e-readers worldwide is catalyzing the demand for flexible displays. Furthermore, key market players are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch new product variants. These players are also focusing on product launches and expansions, which is projected to bolster their overall sales and profitability.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global flexible display market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on display type, substrate material and application.
- Breakup by Display Type: OLED
- Electronic Paper Display (EPD)
Breakup by Substrate Material:
Breakup by Application:
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Smart Wearables
- Televisions and Digital Signage Systems
- Personal Computers and Laptops
- Breakup by Region: North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AU Optronics Corp., BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., Corning Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc., E Ink Holdings Inc., Innolux Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., LG Electronics Inc., Plastic Logic (FlexEnable Limited), Royole Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sharp Corporation and Toshiba Corporation. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global flexible display market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global flexible display market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the display type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the substrate material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global flexible display market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?