The global solar battery market reached a value of US$ 156.14 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 358.15 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.10% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A solar photovoltaic (PV) system is utilized for ensuring a continuous power supply and reducing carbon footprint. It consists of one or more solar panels, electrical and mechanical hardware and an inverter that aids in storing electrical energy in solar batteries. Solar batteries are subjected to frequent charging as well as discharging processes and help provide energy to electrical loads at a stable voltage by suppressing voltage fluctuations in a solar PV system.
Solar Battery Market Trends:
- At present, there is a considerable increase in the utilization of eco-friendly and cost-effective energy solutions around the world on account of stringent regulations imposed by governments of several countries to minimize reliance on exhaustible resources. This represents one of the key factors bolstering the growth of the market. Moreover, solar PV systems find extensive applications in grid systems, which are attached to the local utility grid, to cater to the continuous energy requirements of the global population. They are also used in solar streetlights for providing reliable power to ensure quick payback on large capital projects, which, in turn, is strengthening the market growth. In addition, solar PV systems are utilized in smart grids to offer critical energy back to the grid during peak hours. This, along with the thriving energy sector, is fueling the market growth. Besides this, the adoption of these systems in the residential and commercial sectors is increasing the self-reliance of owners and significantly reducing the monthly electricity bill, which is impelling the market growth. Apart from this, the growing prominence of energy trading using blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies is projected to offer lucrative growth opportunities to leading players.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global solar battery market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, capacity and end user.
Breakup by Type:
- Lead Acid
- Lithium Ion
- Flow Battery
Breakup by Capacity:
75 To 150 AH
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being BAE Batterien GmbH, BYD Co. Ltd., Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., EnerSys, Exide Industries Limited, LG Electronics Inc. (LG Corporation), Loom Solar Pvt. Ltd., Luminous Power Technologies Private Limited (Schneider Electric SE), Okaya Power Pvt. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, SAFT (TotalEnergies SE), Samsung SDI Co. Ltd and Tesla Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global solar battery market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global solar battery market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the capacity?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global solar battery market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?